The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LW
LeeWN
I get the impression that there should had been a LIVE BBC News box logo on the titles...

and the desk is actually just right for round-table talks, but not for double-headed presenting...

EDIT: but those Red ball lights on the Newsroom are a bit distracting! Razz

What's with the red balls there? Are they permanent or they forgot to remove it after Red Nose Day????
BA
bakamann
Dateline London end titles...
somewhat similar to its previous end title, with the London Eye image.

I think it would have been much better if they use Studio C, and use the red London skyline instead of the distracting newsroom backdrop with the red balls.
LW
LeeWN
Dateline London end titles...
somewhat similar to its previous end title, with the London Eye image.

That's normal, sometimes the Dateline London logo isn't there - but I guess it's now part of the endboard since the move to BH.
NG
noggin Founding member
I thought those red balls were only for Red Nose Day. So, they're permanent?

Think they're lamps and part of the interior design of NBH. The whole building is a bit quirkier in furniture terms than much of TVC was. (Though the old UK Today backdrop - which was the Five Live newsroom - had some quite fun lamps in the back of shot)
NR
NthnRw
The astons are not semi-transparent any more. Much better for it too
DA
Davidjb Founding member
Dateline looks great in studio E shows how adaptive that set can be.
ST
Stuart

They are on my TV.
CH
chris

They are on my TV.

Ditto.
MI
Mike516
The opening to Your Money from earlier on today, which now has the obligatory BBC News box overlaid during the titles.
HE
headliner101
Who noticed at 18.35 NC was jumping ahead of itself, it showed the weekend 'nationals' opening titles and less than a second after panning to Kate, it went back to showing the countdown-like bumpers whilst waiting for BBC1 to join?
CH
chris
Who noticed at 18.35 NC was jumping ahead of itself, it showed the weekend 'nationals' opening titles and less than a second after panning to Kate, it went back to showing the countdown-like bumpers whilst waiting for BBC1 to join?

I saw that. Very odd, as if they played out a rehearsal.
WA
watchingtv
a516 posted:
The opening to Your Money from earlier on today, which now has the obligatory BBC News box overlaid during the titles.

Declan named twice as, first time as ####2####, second time left blank????

Newer posts