The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Bail Moderator
Clearly we're all missing the most important aspect of things here.. where have the snazzy red lamps gone from the newsroom!?

WO
Worzel
Right, lets try and put the argument to sleep that the titles are out of sync with the visuals.

I've re-sync'd them by a bit of audio ripping and Adobe Premier Pro work.

If they put the music in time with the visual morphing of the globe (basically how it used to be) and took 2 seconds off the long newsroom and a second of the studio pan... these are the end results...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xybjuq_bbc-news-opener-ammended_news#.UUiKM1fNtAI

Does it really improve things?
Last edited by Worzel on 19 March 2013 5:28pm
GM
Gary McEwan
Right, lets try and put the argument to sleep that the titles are out of sync with the visuals.

I've re-sync'd them by a bit of audio ripping and Adobe Premier Pro work.

If they put the music in time with the visual morphing of the globe (basically how they used to be) and took 2 seconds off the long newsroom and a second of the studio pan... these are the end results...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xybjuq_bbc-news-opener-ammended_news#.UUiKM1fNtAI

Does it really improve things?

In a word....Yes!

All the cymbals and kicks match up perfectly with the graphics.....Take note BBC!
WO
Worzel
Oooooooo Matthew's out in the Newsroom!

The channel seems to of come alive in the past 48 hours. You actually feel like you're at the heart of the news.
Last edited by Worzel on 19 March 2013 4:39pm - 2 times in total
BU
buster
It just occurred to me that the regular lunchtime signed news didn't happen yesterday - presumably they were trying to minimise complications with the move (and treat us to their send-off in full screen). Did it return today, or is it gone for good?

Yes it did return today. I thought that - presume as you say they wanted to make it a bit more straight forward, and also avoid people moaning that the launch was shrunk down!

I've noticed the "swoosh" light beam noises in the NC countdown are much quieter in the mix than the WN countdown. I presume this is intentional but I quite like them in the international version...
FL
flaziola

I've noticed the "swoosh" light beam noises in the NC countdown are much quieter in the mix than the WN countdown. I presume this is intentional but I quite like them in the international version...

I dunno, I find them a little too noisy, particuarly in this version,

Compare that with

And am I the only one who thinks the music sounds weird without the World 'Stings' in the tune?
WO
Worzel
No weather graphics at 5:30. Jay had a Budget graphic behind him which then faded into the generic news swirls.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
You actually feel like you're at the heart of the news.

Doesn't do much for me to be honest. Feels like pointless fluff. If I wanted to hear a bunch of randoms' opinions, I'd go and sit in a pub (at least I could get a pie and a pint there).
GM
Gary McEwan

I dunno, I find them a little too noisy, particuarly in this version,

Compare that with

And am I the only one who thinks the music sounds weird without the World 'Stings' in the tune?

Yeah you're not alone on that one, it feels somewhat empty without the World Stings in it.
MD
mdtauk
I wish David Lowe had given the news channel a little motief theme, like World News has with its siren sounds. It would have separated it a little bit more from domestic news.
GM
Gary McEwan
Imo it's always been World that has the better of the music regarding countdowns...
GM
Gary McEwan
I wish David Lowe had given the news channel a little motief theme, like World News has with its siren sounds. It would have separated it a little bit more from domestic news.

It even sounds like the violins have been softened down for the domestic countdown...

Newer posts