The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bazinga
Who is the fixed presenters for each slots , I have been looking back but I can't seem to see anything
JA
Jaxford
Dan S posted:
Annita McVeigh on the News Channel from 6.30pm.

First time I've seen Annita stood up in my life.
DS
Dan S
Who is the fixed presenters for each slots , I have been looking back but I can't seem to see anything

At the moment the confirmed slots seem to be (mainly):

8:30-11 Simon McCoy & Carrie Gracie (Mon: Sophie Long)
11-2 Ben Brown & Joanna Gosling (can't say for certain though)
2-5 Matthew Amroliwala & Jane Hill
6:30-9 Annita McVeigh
9-10, 10:30-1am Clive Myrie (Mon-Thu) Martine Croxall (Fri)

Dan S posted:
Annita McVeigh on the News Channel from 6.30pm.

First time I've seen Annita stood up in my life.

Only times I've ever seen her standing up is when handing over to the BBC1 presenter on the late weekend shifts. Also many moons ago when she first started on News 24 she'd stand up occasionally at the TOTH.
HE
headliner101
Jane's tweet on the 11-14.00 shift: https://twitter.com/JaneHillNews/status/313636319702179840
DS
Dan S

Indeed Ben & Joanna then.
AP
aprilj
It's a shame they ended up keeping Ben Brown on NC! I think he's so wasted as a presenter and should get back into reporting (like Chris Eakin). Good to see Sophie Long being removed from the 2pm shift to in favour of Joanna Gosling! I would have rather seen Julian Worricker or Nicholas Owen promoted alongside Joanna though!
BA
bilky asko
It's a shame they ended up keeping Ben Brown on NC! I think he's so wasted as a presenter and should get back into reporting (like Chris Eakin). Good to see Sophie Long being removed from the 2pm shift to in favour of Joanna Gosling! I would have rather seen Julian Worricker or Nicholas Owen promoted alongside Joanna though!

Am I the only one who likes Ben Brown as both a presenter and a reporter? I don't see what people's problem with him is.
JA
Jaxford

Am I the only one who likes Ben Brown as both a presenter and a reporter? I don't see what people's problem with him is.

Yes, you are the only one who likes Ben Brown.
CH
chris_rgu

I'm with you - I think he's one of the best that the BBC has.
MO
Moz
Ooh! I created this thread. Bit ironic really as presenter rotas usually bore the life out of me - much more interested in how lined up astons are! Ah well, I suppose it is a bit of an honour!
DS
Dan S
It's good that we have a new Presenter & Rota thread in line with the new look BBC News. Of course, it would have been nice to see the old thread reach 1,000 pages, but I suppose at 615 pages it had a pretty good run. Oh well, let's carry on with what we've achieved and here's to a new era in BBC News rota discussions!
EX
excel99
Changing the subject, a rare example of a BBC correspondent appearing on a rival network - State Department Correspondent Kim Ghattas a guest on CNNI's Amanpour today promoting her new book. No mention she worked for the BBC though

Newer posts