The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HE
headliner101
Sky have the 1, 6 and 10 with an HD flag on BBC One HD, so we're definitely seeing it in HD. No HD tag on overnights.

Howabout when BBC2 HD launches next week, will N24's simulcast be in HD?
BA
Bail Moderator
I'll have captures from this evening, all recording back home and I'm sure other uses will have stuff in the meantime.
GI
ginnyfan
Looking forward to HD recordings being posted here!
BD
Broadland Delta
Bail posted:
End of an era... Still I think we'll be pleased with what we get.

Definitely! It feels like a very, very long time ago the move to NBH was first announced. I remember looking at an artist's impression of the new 'Multimedia Newsroom' and thinking, 'it will never look that good', but it does! I know there have been calls for BBC News to move away from Lambie Nairn and David Lowe but I for one am glad they are evolving the brand. Good luck to everyone involved.
GM
Gary McEwan
I've got horrible feeling that this press conference is going to throw a huge spanner in the works...
HE
headliner101
I've got horrible feeling that this press conference is going to throw a huge spanner in the works...

That's perhaps the "nightmare" scenario when news breaks within the last half-hour prior to re-launch. In case that happens, we can go to BBC1.
GH
George Hill

Hacked off commenting on something which is still unclear - I say ignore the press conference and we'll enjoy the end of tvc/ beginning of bh instead.
KN
knack

And a lot of people would be a bit hacked off no doubt.
GM
Gary McEwan

That's perhaps the "nightmare" scenario when news breaks within the last half-hour prior to re-launch. In case that happens, we can go to BBC1.

And therefore miss the 90 second countdown...
BD
Broadland Delta

And therefore miss the 90 second countdown...

I'm sure the gallery will role out a 90 second countdown at 2pm if the 1pm launch is taken up by a news conference.
LW
LeeWN
Sky have the 1, 6 and 10 with an HD flag on BBC One HD, so we're definitely seeing it in HD. No HD tag on overnights.

Howabout when BBC2 HD launches next week, will N24's simulcast be in HD?

It should be IMO.
HE
headliner101
If it transverses the next hour, will we see the graphics package switched mid-air? We'll see right now...

Newer posts