The Newsroom

BBC News Channel: Presentation

Move to Broadcasting House and new look today (April 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
Ha ha...!

GM
Gary McEwan
Gotta say I'm getting slightly excited to hear this 90 second countdown before the move at 1pm...
LW
LeeWN
Gotta say I'm getting slightly excited to hear this 90 second countdown before the move at 1pm...

So am I. Laughing
SR
SomeRandomStuff
Ben Brown underlining how rubbish he is sat behind the newsdesk and how superb he is as a correspondent. Truly wasted.
RO
rob Founding member
Ben Brown underlining how rubbish he is sat behind the newsdesk and how superb he is as a correspondent. Truly wasted.

Absolutely. He's doing a superb job out in Baghdad.
GM
Gary McEwan

So am I. Laughing

Surely it will be on David Lowe's site shortly as well in the Members Area...
GI
ginnyfan
Are countdowns always 90 seconds long or is this a first? Never saw one longer than 60 sec.
MD
mdtauk
Jim Mann goes into a little bit of detail about how the Barco Backgrounds came about for the 2008 relaunch on his blog site.

You'll be able to answer the question of, "What does The Lord of the Rings" got to do with the BBC News studio background

http://jim-mann.com/?p=933

Are countdowns always 90 seconds long or is this a first? Never saw one longer than 60 sec.

The original is 90secs long, and there have been 90 sec and 60 sec versions made for each revision AFAIK

Newer posts