The Newsroom

BBC News Channel: Presentation

Move to Broadcasting House and new look today (April 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HE
headliner101
Moz posted:

Yes sorry, of course it's C. The 5 will be in C every day as E is rehearsing for the 6.

If this turns out to be the case, I wonder what the backdrop will look like. The London-esque backdrop will be understandable for those outside the UK (i.e. on WN) but for those inside?
HA
harshy Founding member
james posted:

That is all.

Yeah I am sorry I already apologised in the previous page, but I think its very close to the real thing or I am 90% certain so please forgive me.
MD
mdtauk
I was hoping some of the problems I have with the BBC World News graphics would be fixed with the News Channel and domestic news moving in. Seems like they wont. <sigh> Swiss just feels wrong, and the character spacing feels too loose, and the ticker should have been given a larger font, not made All Caps.
HA
harshy Founding member
I was hoping some of the problems I have with the BBC World News graphics would be fixed with the News Channel and domestic news moving in. Seems like they wont. <sigh> Swiss just feels wrong, and the character spacing feels too loose, and the ticker should have been given a larger font, not made All Caps.

Yeah I think it's a step backwards but they've done this before used swiss, but the agency Laimbie(sp?) always use Gills, and I think it was bbc global minds that got the ticker changed so I think news channel will end up using this, I personally think there are some flaws in these graphics but the sizing is correct and will adopt well in both SD and HD.
MD
mdtauk
I was hoping some of the problems I have with the BBC World News graphics would be fixed with the News Channel and domestic news moving in. Seems like they wont. &lt;sigh&gt; Swiss just feels wrong, and the character spacing feels too loose, and the ticker should have been given a larger font, not made All Caps.

Yeah I think it's a step backwards but they've done this before used swiss, but the agency Laimbie(sp?) always use Gills, and I think it was BBC global minds that got the ticker changed so I think news channel will end up using this, I personally think there are some flaws in these graphics but the sizing is correct and will adopt well in both SD and HD.

Well the ticker text was deemed too small by the audience views, but instead of increasing the text size, they just switched to Uppercase. The cheap and simple fix, but does not greatly aid readability!
WO
Worzel

Yeah I think it's a step backwards but they've done this before used swiss, but the agency Laimbie(sp?) always use Gills, and I think it was bbc global minds that got the ticker changed so I think news channel will end up using this, I personally think there are some flaws in these graphics but the sizing is correct and will adopt well in both SD and HD.

I don't see the ticker being any bigger/smaller than that of Sky News TBH either.

BTW, we've now entered page 600 - and the final *full* day of the News channel from N6. Quite fitting. Sad
HA
harshy Founding member
The Sky News ticker in relation to the BBC News one is slightly bigger, to me I think the Sky ticker is more readable then the BBC one, I think the character spacing is too loose, but Ive been watching World for a few months on and off and you get use to it.

Edit: I forgot Sky News has two different varients the HD one and an SD, I was referring to the HD one.
WO
Worzel
I posted this in the weather thread, but thought it also deserved a post in here.

Tomasz Schafernaker said that tonight's 11:58 weather bulletin was the 'last live one' from Television centre until NBH on Monday.

Will the rest of today's be recorded and will Monday mornings come from NBH before 1pm?

His walk off set reminded me of his 'Well, I don't know if i'm on air or not - so gallery - over to you' blooper some years ago!

HA
harshy Founding member
Sounds like they are going to record some overnight and tomorrow they will be dismantling everything that exists in BBC Weather Centre, so I think it will be pre-recorded with the current and soon to be old graphics.
WO
Worzel
The nostalgia begins in earnest. Nice article, just gone online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21818963

They still haven't got their branding sorted...

Quote:
The first domestic TV news programme from the new studios at New Broadcasting House will be Monday's One O'Clock News .

Also... remember to set your PVR's for 7pm on Friday with their special Television Centre send off programme.
Last edited by Worzel on 17 March 2013 1:44am - 3 times in total
KN
knack
The nostalgia begins in earnest. Nice article, just gone online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21818963

They still haven't got their branding sorted...

Quote:
The first domestic TV news programme from the new studios at New Broadcasting House will be Monday's One O'Clock News .

Also... remember to set your PVR's for 7pm on Friday with their special Television Centre send off programme.

Unless they're returning to those names which were/are much better... wishful thinking I know.
BA
bakamann
We have been talking about the final national news on the National News thread, I forgot to ask... What will happen to Dateline London, and What studio will they use?

(Sorry, I have not seen the latest DL on BBC WN...)

Newer posts