Media Websites

TV Forum Neon

General Site Discussion (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JM
JMD
The topic page for the TV Home board has gone nastily wide for me (Safari 6.02 on OS X Lion).

This is also happening for me.
BA
bakamann
Using TV Forum Neon for the first time, because the main TV forum site is crapping up...
AS
Asa Admin
Using TV Forum Neon for the first time, because the main TV forum site is crapping up...

That's one way to get people to use the new site I guess. What was wrong with it out of interest?

Andrew - Multiview logged out is confusing, will change that to the Requests version where it shows the login page.
madmusician - that's thanks to a long link, have fixed it but the update isn't ready yet.

Still no date on the changeover I'm afraid.
BA
bakamann
Asa posted:

That's one way to get people to use the new site I guess. What was wrong with it out of interest?

I just got used to the typical look of phpBB... Laughing
and it seems the navigation got fixed.
:-(
A former member
Has anyone seen a thread about How CH5 ( who ) etc won the franchise etc
JA
JAS84
Channel 5 franchise? That was back in 1996. TV Home, TV Forum's original parent site, wasn't created until 1999! The best way to check if someone made a thread retrospectively would be the search function, except that's not working properly. Searching for all time says "Invalid date range", searching for a year ago or older says "too many results, please narrow down the criteria". Which cannot be done.
Confused
AG
AxG
Then use Google by using 'site:www.tvforum.co.uk'
AG
AxG
Here's some things to fix:
• Searching in Multiview does not work.
• 'Mass Media & Technology' is not showing up in Multiview, no matter how many times I ticked it in my profile.

13 days later

RO
rob Founding member
I'm unable to change my e-mail address in Neon, just produces a 404 error. I managed to change it on the pre-neon site though.
JA
JAS84
AxG posted:

• 'Mass Media & Technology' is not showing up in Multiview, no matter how many times I ticked it in my profile.
I bet that's related to it's absence from the non-Neon version of the forum.

9 days later

PA
pad
At the risk of sounding like a snob I would really appreciate it if Asa would make the TVF logo retina.

It looks pixelated on my iPad and Retina MacBook Pro. It's incredibly simple to do and it's the little details that matter.

Here is a tutorial in case you are befuddled:
http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-create-retina-graphics-for-your-web-designs

All you need to do is create another version of the logo double resolution and add a line of CSS code! Just do it, Asa!!!!! It's extremely easy!

It may be too much to ask (though if I were in charge, I would do it) for all the other graphical elements like the post markers etc to be retinized but its the logo that sticks out like a sore thumb.
BA
bilky asko
pad posted:
At the risk of sounding like a snob I would really appreciate it if Asa would make the TVF logo retina.

It looks pixelated on my iPad and Retina MacBook Pro. It's incredibly simple to do and it's the little details that matter.

Here is a tutorial in case you are befuddled:
http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-create-retina-graphics-for-your-web-designs

All you need to do is create another version of the logo double resolution and add a line of CSS code! Just do it, Asa!!!!! It's extremely easy!

It may be too much to ask (though if I were in charge, I would do it) for all the other graphical elements like the post markers etc to be retinized but its the logo that sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think that making extra work purely for the benefit of the small minority of people who view TV Forum on Apple products is sheer folly. Personally, I think if the effort were to be made, I think it would be better to make the site responsive, and have all graphical elements as SVG files (which would fall back to PNG files for browsers that don't support them). Until then, it should be left alone, and not bow down to every whim of Apple.

To be honest, I think the tone of the post was a bit condescending, but that might just be me.

Newer posts