TV Home Forum

Comic Relief's Big Chat with Graham Norton

LIVE NOW ON BBC THREE (March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
I'm surprised no one has started yapping about this, it's goes on till 1am..

Lots of TV and radio favourites and Sarah Cox.

I'd rather Sarah Millican had the Greg James role, but I guess they had to justify it with someone in the BBC Three age range.

I wonder if this is a So Television Production? Now owned by ITV of course.
ME
mediaman2007
I don't think it is SO. Executive produced by Suzi Aplin - Jonathan Ross's producer! Think it'll be a BBC Comic Relief production.

What studio is it in at TVC?

Greg James' impression of Jools was pretty good Laughing
BU
buster
Is that the actual Comic Relief studio? It being in TC1 with a huge performance area and screen does seem a little excessive for a chat show.

Also, I presume the last hour or so of Greg James's Radio 1 show was pre-recorded - he was last on air at about 6.57pm in central London and then popped up at 7.10pm in White City!
CO
Colm
Is this the last TV show which will come partly from the TOTP Star Bar?
DA
David
Here is the BBC One/BBC Three link up at about 20:00.

BBC One...
[media:956b897972]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/davidlees/norton_bbc_one.flv[/media:956b897972]
BBC Three...
[media:956b897972]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/davidlees/norton_bbc_three.flv[/media:956b897972]
JO
Jon
Is that the actual Comic Relief studio? It being in TC1 with a huge performance area and screen does seem a little excessive for a chat show.

I guess the performance area needs to be a good distance away from the conversation area and the wall is needed as well to allow bands to set up, without it coming over.

I can't imagine this will be the Comic Relief set, I'd expect more red and for it and for it to be a be bit lighter.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Jon posted:

I guess the performance area needs to be a good distance away from the conversation area and the wall is needed as well to allow bands to set up, without it coming over.

I can't imagine this will be the Comic Relief set, I'd expect more red and for it and for it to be a be bit lighter.

I don't think it's a custom designed set. It's probably from a gameshow or something. Or rather, the floor is from an existing show with the other bits added in.
J1
j10cool10
Also, I presume the last hour or so of Greg James's Radio 1 show was pre-recorded - he was last on air at about 6.57pm in central London and then popped up at 7.10pm in White City!

I did wonder how they'd do that. Originally thought he wouldn't show up till 8pm, so was surprised when he appeared at 7:10.

He's got tomorrow off from Radio 1, surely not just because he's doing this till 1am?!
JO
Jon
Having loads of big name stars such as Gordon Brown in a James Cordon comedy sketch doesn't make it not shi t .
BR
Brekkie
Overly long repeat of an old sketch too for a show that's supposed to be about live chat.
AG
AxG
Should really remove the 'Live' DOG for promos etc.
JO
Jon
Don't forget there is a live chat in progress at: http://chat.**/chat

Some very special guests have been in tonight.

Newer posts