TV Home Forum

Prince Charles' TV Career

Prince of Wales to guest edit Countryfile (February 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KE
kernow
Following Prince Charles having a go at presenting the weather and even a bit of presenting during the Diamond Jubilee concert last year, he is now going to guest edit a special episode of countryfile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21446470
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Featuring a report on his estate. The one that sells premium branded foodstuffs and makes oodles of cash.

Err...
RI
Richard
He used to do that inventor competition thing on Tomorrow's World too.
WH
whoiam989
Featuring a report on his estate. The one that sells premium branded foodstuffs and makes oodles of cash.

Err...

What? Even the BBC is not safe from product placement?
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member

Err...

It would seem that's the price to pay for the cache of Charles guest editing. Although I actually don't think he has had financial gain in mind when it was mooted they could present the whole thing from a farm he owns.

But there's no doubt that he will see a benefit from 7 millions viewers learning about his organic produce.

(Other turnips are available)
NG
noggin Founding member

Didn't he read his children's book out years ago on Jackanory? (The Old Man of Lochnagar or similar?)
NW
nwtv2003

That explains the last episode of the second series of Look Around You for me then, HRH Sir Prince Charles. Wink
WH
whoiam989

Err...

It would seem that's the price to pay for the cache of Charles guest editing. Although I actually don't think he has had financial gain in mind when it was mooted they could present the whole thing from a farm he owns.

But there's no doubt that he will see a benefit from 7 millions viewers learning about his organic produce.

(Other turnips are available)

Oh no! Everyone, run for your lives! Gosh, what will they do if Iran's Press TV tackle about this.

Now seriously, despite the guaranteed independence from any political factor, is the BBC not free from anything , after all?
SO
Steven O
Featuring a report on his estate.

I thought Countryfile was meant to be about the country, not Prince Charles' car. Laughing
MU
Multi
Lets relive those weather days from Charles and Camilla...
WH
whoiam989
Featuring a report on his estate.

I thought Countryfile was meant to be about the country, not Prince Charles' car. Laughing

Bring the Top Gear team, now! Very Happy

Anyway, have the similar things been occurred before on the BBC?
EL
elmarko
I wonder if his slightly un-educated views about science will be included in it.

And if he mentions homeopathy he can sod off.

Newer posts