The Newsroom

Russia Today

(March 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
Russia Today is currently undergoing "scheduled maintenance" from 8AM-6PM GMT - it seems it's happened before, back in 2011. It's complete with a rotating RT logo, and the RT logo with a slight misalignment running down it.

28 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
..... and they need to watch their advertising minutage too, I know they're concentrating their breaks at the half hour but a single 5.5 minute break, earlier, seemed excessive and could easily lead to breaking the latest Ofcom rules.

There's no limit on length of individual breaks, but there is a limit on hourly advertising minutage.

As I thought might happen, RT has fallen foul of the minutage rules on 21 occasions dating between 2 October and 7 December 2012. Breaches of Rule 4 of COSTA. The channel is under formal monitoring by Ofcom as a result

more details ……..

BINARIES on STAKEHOLDERS.OFCOM.ORG.UK
06-Mar-2013 @ 14:35

84 days later

GI
ginnyfan
Larry King coming to RT!!!

BA
bakamann
I guess his online venture Ora TV is not exactly that popular...
so he has to bring his charm back to the television.
JE
Jeffmister
I guess his online venture Ora TV is not exactly that popular...
so he has to bring his charm back to the television.

All RT are doing is purchasing the rights to air his Ora TV shows on their channel, it's not Larry hosting a program for RT

20 days later

LO
Londoner
Watch this:
HA
harshy Founding member
Wow high impact graphics not sure if the bbc would do that sort of thing.
MW
Mike W
Wow high impact graphics not sure if the bbc would do that sort of thing.

I should hope not. It's sodding tacky!
MI
midnightvignette
RT - living proof you can get people to do anything as long as you're paying.
NG
noggin Founding member
I believe it is a showreel/graphics demo - not something that was actually broadcast. Dubious in taste terms - but I think if it is viewed in that light it's a bit more understandable.

33 days later

JB
JasonB
Russia Today are still displaying GMT on their clock even though we're an hour in front for the summer. Unless there are other countries that still use GMT in the summer?
MW
Mike W
Russia Today are still displaying GMT on their clock even though we're an hour in front for the summer. Unless there are other countries that still use GMT in the summer?

Is it UDT or GMT?

Newer posts