The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Sure, they will be back there for Newsday but that program could be ptesented from a broom cupboard and there would be no difference. It's just one closw up shot and yellow screen behind.

TVC and N8 as we knew it for the last 4 years, with that recognizable close up shot of the presenter with newsroom behind and the side shot of newswall is history.
FL
flaziola
Not really liking this flicking between location and time on the LIVE bug would prefer if they stayed stacked. It'll be interesting to see what they do about the locations on the BBC Four World News Today.
DO
dosxuk
This desk is very similar to the desk used by the NC and Nationals during the Olympic period.

Well, it was hinted at at the time that the variable height desk was being tested for future use.
RO
rob Founding member
A few better quality shots from me:

KN
knack
Not really liking this flicking between location and time on the LIVE bug would prefer if they stayed stacked. It'll be interesting to see what they do about the locations on the BBC Four World News Today.

I quite like that but it does seem too frequent.

Having watched the stream, I take my comments about the lower thirds back. I actually really like them with the exception of the DOG. Is having the programme name on screen all the time really necessary?
CC
Cross Channel
What I don't get is why anyone would launch new graphics with a bug that says 'GMT' in a completely different font from the 'GMT' in the background.
FL
flaziola
knack posted:

Having watched the stream, I take my comments about the lower thirds back. I actually really like them with the exception of the DOG. Is having the programme name on screen all the time really necessary?
If it is I'm glad to see it has been reduced from the last large box to a simple coloured strap.
BA
bakamann
Another thing that I have noticed is the movements (camera, graphics) are now seemless.
so, do we expect BBC World News HD in the very near future? I hope. Very Happy
KM
Kevizz MS
What I don't get is why anyone would launch new graphics with a bug that says 'GMT' in a completely different font from the 'GMT' in the background.

Because it's a textual representation of the programme name, not a logo. I presume the font will remain the same for other branded shows like Impact and Global.
CC
Cross Channel

Because it's a textual representation of the programme name, not a logo. I presume the font will remain the same for other branded shows like Impact and Global.

I see, fair point. It doesn't work IMHO as it clashes and looks like two logos. Suspect the textual representation of the programme name will work better for Global as the logo is so obviously different from the lower third.
KM
Kevizz MS
Yes, it's an unfortunate clash but not one worth altering the graphics for, in my opinion.

Loved the handover from GMT to Impact just now, panning from one side of the studio to the other.
FL
flaziola
Nice backdrop behind Mishal, keeping up this 'cities' look that news bulletins seem to be going for.

Newer posts