The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Nice new Twitter graphic for reporters.
MO
Moz
Love the new graphics - as I predicted the programme bug moves up on top of the aston. Like it. Also like the toggling location/time strap. Not sure about the ticker being dark red. Studio as we knew it would be.

Countdown too short to comment, but odd that it ends in the gallery rather than the newsroom.

Just seen the twitter graphic - nice!
BA
Bail Moderator
Videos will be on the first page just as soon as they encode. Love the new TOTH, new "data" streams, glow in the numbers and of course the focus on NBH at the end of the sequence. Not sure about the lower thirds, but studio looks great!
KN
knack

hmmm, I'm not exactly sure what to feel about the new lower-thirds... Confused

Haven't seen on screen but these don't look great. The spacing on WORLD NEWS looks pretty odd.
JA
jay Founding member
Sorry to be an absolute pain and ask a relatively dumb question... How can I watch this??
FC
FishCalledEric
jay posted:
Sorry to be an absolute pain and ask a relatively dumb question... How can I watch this??

http://www.watchlivetvstreaming.com/bbc-world-news/
EY
the eye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2Ps3Zg0Rk Here's what I recorded from a stream. Low quality.
GE
thegeek Founding member
chris posted:
Bail posted:
The last TOTH from BBC TVC

There seems to be a lot of talk of it being the last TOTH from TVC. They'll be back there for the overnights.

and N8 looks like it's on standby, just in case...
CH
chris
knack posted:
Haven't seen on screen but these don't look great. The spacing on WORLD NEWS looks pretty odd.

Yes it does. Words definitely should be closer together.

I'm also not sure about the lower thirds, which I thought I liked from the glimpses we've had on Marr and Sunday Politics. That said, I think they're much fresher than the 2008 versions which are starting to look stale. Though the wipe in between headlines is much better than the lazy effort brought in 2008.

I really don't like that desk though. It's too small and we can see George's legs.
NE
Newsroom
chris posted:
knack posted:

Yes it does. Words definitely should be closer together.

I'm also not sure about the lower thirds, which I thought I liked from the glimpses we've had on Marr and Sunday Politics. That said, I think they're much fresher than the 2008 versions which are starting to look stale. Though the wipe in between headlines is much better than the lazy effort brought in 2008.

I really don't like that desk though. It's too small and we can see George's legs.

This desk is very similar to the desk used by the NC and Nationals during the Olympic period.
BA
bakamann

I'm ok with helvetica, it is my favorite font... but the placement feels so odd.

but at least they have some nice shots. Smile
GH
George Hill
Overall I like it. Very polished look. Good overall feel. Of course, it will take a few weeks to get a real feel for how the graphics are.

Newer posts