The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bakamann
they should have had a shot from newsroom with all the lights going out or something lol

This was their final shot...
CH
chris
No significant changes concerning the TOTH.

Well that's the first time we've had some business headlines at the TOTH in GMT, the title sequence is back at the end of the headlines. Not too sure about George turning to a screen where the report is playing from.
FL
flaziola
Nice to have the World news 'stings' back in the countdown. Interesting to see it take a News Channel type end by ending in London. No major change in the GMT titles.
KM
Kevizz MS
Incredible, it feels like I'm watching a totally different channel. The production standards have been lifted to a completely new level. The use of the studio in the first few minutes has been fantastic, I really hope they keep it up.

Really liking the sleeker and simplified graphics, too.
EY
the eye
Don't like the straps ticker or dog... nice countdown music... good footage.
GI
ginnyfan
Really like the new smaller graphics, set is grand, countdown was too short, everything feels strange.
MD
mdtauk
Still hate that font
BA
bakamann

hmmm, I'm not exactly sure what to feel about the new lower-thirds... Confused
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
No significant changes concerning the TOTH.

I've only seen one of the pilots, for Newsday, and there was a nice little difference in the TOTH for that.

they should have had a shot from newsroom with all the lights going out or something lol
This was their final shot... *

And all the robot cameras slowly moved down, as if they were taking a bow.
SK
skyviewer
Nice, the sport logo is yellow in the ticker.
BA
bazinga
The studio is great but I think the graphics will take a bit of time to get used to , I'm not keen on them. In my opinion the old ones are better.
CH
chris
Bail posted:
The last TOTH from BBC TVC

There seems to be a lot of talk of it being the last TOTH from TVC. They'll be back there for the overnights.

Newer posts