The Newsroom

BBC World News - to 14th January 2013

Global with Jon Sopel - Logo Page 204 (January 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
EX
excel99
there will be BBC Two HD for the afternoon World News bulletin (providing they still offer it with their new schedule)

The 11.30am World News bulletin on BBC2 is back on the schedule from tomorrow
SA
samwsmith1
A tour of TVC tweeted by Mike Embley.

GR
gregmc
During the Andrew Marr show's first news update, they displayed a full screen graphic during a report, and apart from some tweaks to the rings/globe/orb in the top corner, the text was in Gill Sans. Was this a quickly made graphic without full templates, or will Gill Sans still exist in some part with the new graphics?

http://i.minus.com/ibwpY4xNAiDhm0.png

Looks like it was made in a hurry. A mixture of Gill Sans and Helvetica will be used until network launch in March. Bit of a mish mash I'm afraid. This is because graphics playout remains in both TVC (old brand output for NC/1/6/10) and W1 (for new World and Newsnight output).

That globe backing from the 2008 package, just in HD!
MD
mdtauk
During the Andrew Marr show's first news update, they displayed a full screen graphic during a report, and apart from some tweaks to the rings/globe/orb in the top corner, the text was in Gill Sans. Was this a quickly made graphic without full templates, or will Gill Sans still exist in some part with the new graphics?

http://i.minus.com/ibwpY4xNAiDhm0.png

A mixture of Gill Sans and Helvetica will be used until network launch in March. Bit of a mish mash I'm afraid. This is because graphics playout remains in both TVC (old brand output) and W1 (for new World and Newsnight output).

That globe backing from the 2008 package, just in HD!

I was comparing it to the 2008 one and it is the same. Only tweak is wider colour gamut I guess. I wish I had those raw animations in HD. I'd live it running in a loop on my second monitor ^ _ ^
GI
ginnyfan
I wonder will the new presenters of Euro morning shifts appear tomorrow even though they will still be at TV Center or if they will debut on Tuesday when this part of schedule also moves to NBH.
NJ
news junkie
I wonder will the new presenters of Euro morning shifts appear tomorrow even though they will still be at TV Center or if they will debut on Tuesday when this part of schedule also moves to NBH.

Well Naga tweeted saying she's back on Monday at 05:00GMT on BBC World News
LO
LONDON

I am surprised to see the clip they used for TOTP in there
KI
Kikrokos
LOL. We're all anxious, it seems.

Shiraz, anyone?

Can't wait for the new countdown either.

From a current content perspective, World led with the Savile story again yesterday, consuming almost half of the bulletin with the story. As I've mentioned before, whilst I would never disagree that it's major story in the UK, still not so sure about a World audience, given some of the other events developing globally yesterday.

But, hey, who am I to question?

Same goes for the ubiquitous British royal family whenever they get pregnant, ill or when Prince Harry is up at it again. I can understand the British perspective, for after all: they are a British Broadcaster. But sometimes, it seems, the news channel loses sight of the 'World News' part of its name.

Allow me to ask for some clarification. I've been wandering through the pages of this thread and can't really comprehend whether or to what extend BBC World News will be broadcasting in HD within the near future.
Last edited by Kikrokos on 13 January 2013 10:41pm
DF
DrewF
Is anyone filming the transition from last TVC bulletin to first NBH broadcast?
GI
ginnyfan
Sadly I can't, my computer found the worst possible time to break down. Rolling Eyes Mad

If anyone can do it, they should record from around 11.55 gmt to 12.05 to catch the transition.
PE
Pete Founding member

I am surprised to see the clip they used for TOTP in there

the clip dates from 2008
BA
bakamann
DrewF posted:
Is anyone filming the transition from last TVC bulletin to first NBH broadcast?

I hope I could, but the problem is BBC WN is still broadcasting in 14:9 here in the Philippines.
I wonder why, considering that some channels here are now broadcasting in 16:9 (or stretch-o-vision, unletterboxed)... Confused

Newer posts