TV Home Forum

Doctor Who

Series 7 (September 2012)

NU
The Nurse Granada North West Today
I think generally he's done a terrific job. Occasionally I think it can get a little bit OTT but that's all.

Personally I think the theme peaked some time in the Tennant era but that's just my preference. There's just a bit too much going on in the new version.

It's come a long way - ISTR that the first Ecclestone series was all synthesized.
CH
chris Granada North West Today
I think generally he's done a terrific job. Occasionally I think it can get a little bit OTT but that's all.

Personally I think the theme peaked some time in the Tennant era but that's just my preference. There's just a bit too much going on in the new version.

It's come a long way - ISTR that the first Ecclestone series was all synthesized.

I think the Tennant theme towards the end got a bit OTT and the 2010 version was a big improvement, but gradually they've included more crazy thunderclaps, stretching it back to the OTTness...
JA
Jake Central (East) East Midlands Today

Wonder whether the titles have been changed in response to the complaints about the awful coloured filters that were applied to the most recent episodes???

Either way, sounds good!! Very Happy

I imagine it's more to do with the Anniversary. I'm expecting we actually see Matt (and probably Jenna as well) in the titles.
WP
WillPS
Jake posted:

Wonder whether the titles have been changed in response to the complaints about the awful coloured filters that were applied to the most recent episodes???

I imagine it's more to do with the Anniversary. I'm expecting we actually see Matt (and probably Jenna as well) in the titles.

Please please please let this be true!
SR
SomeRandomStuff
Jake posted:

Please please please let this be true!

OOO Anniversary... can we please have Paul McGann... Okay Nerdgasm over.

All the previous 'face' titles have been terrible... or in the case of the Tom Baker ones... Creepy. So if this does happen (which I doubt) hopefully they will do it right.

EEEEEEEEEEEEP... Only 7 more sleeps !
CH
Chewy Granada North West Today
I think it would be great if it was similar to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73DdgVZ9AcU
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
Chewy posted:

The only thing that annoys me more than people uploading their mocks under false titles like that are the people who won't even stick with the hoax through the description!

Not actually that bad, though... until you consider that they could replace the stills with action shots of the characters turning towards the camera Rolling Eyes

David

PS It's probably off-topic, but I don't care. I made this.
CH
Chewy Granada North West Today
Chewy posted:

The only thing that annoys me more than people uploading their mocks under false titles like that are the people who won't even stick with the hoax through the description!

Not actually that bad, though... until you consider that they could replace the stills with action shots of the characters turning towards the camera Rolling Eyes

David

PS It's probably off-topic, but I don't care. I made this.

Yeah, it's quite annoying when videos do that, he even makes sure you have to press "more" to see that it's not real. About the action shots, he did that too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07p-WI0enf8

That's a great video by the way, liked and faved Smile

Annnnnnnnd finally, new TARDIS revealed.

I personally love it, it looks very classic.
MS
Mr-Stabby London London
I like the look of it, it's certainly more of a throwback to the classic era TARDIS. Tiny compared to the TARDIS sets of the last 7 years though. Unless we're just seeing the set at a bad angle.
NU
The Nurse Granada North West Today
I like the look of it, it's certainly more of a throwback to the classic era TARDIS.

Yes this was my first reaction, although I see the classic "roundels" have been replaced by Blockbusters-inspired hexagons!
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member STV Central Reporting Scotland
I like the look of it, it's certainly more of a throwback to the classic era TARDIS.

Yes this was my first reaction, although I see the classic "roundels" have been replaced by Blockbusters-inspired hexagons!

But they're only a couple of tweaks away from being classic TARDIS.

I've not been a fan of the one we've seen over the last 7 years. I always liked the white one.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight

But they're only a couple of tweaks away from being classic TARDIS.

I've not been a fan of the one we've seen over the last 7 years. I always liked the white one.

I haven't been a fan of the latest TARDIS interiors, although they've given the illusion of space underneath/outside the control room, which has helped the concept of the structure extending beyond what is regularly seen on screen.

The set used for the Ecclestone/Tennant era was different in that it had some 'tatty' seats, foam-wrapped rails and features which were supposed to indicate continued use/wear. The first Matt Smith TARDIS never had the same realistic touches, although it looked impressive on screen.

With all these TARDIS upgrades, perhaps it's difficult to justify why some of the controls remain as bicycle pumps, levers and reception desk bells.

Newer posts