TV Home Forum

X Factor 2012

Live show on Saturday - Final 12 revealed (June 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james
When watching the X Factor Final back then I was wondering if a neater way to close the show, would be to follow the format of Eurovision. Where the host wraps up, and then the credits are played over the final performance of the winning song. Just a thought....
:-(
A former member
SO where are the voting numbers for the series?
AG
AxG
Probably watch the Xtra Factor for some details and some may be released after.
BR
Brekkie
james posted:
When watching the X Factor Final back then I was wondering if a neater way to close the show, would be to follow the format of Eurovision. Where the host wraps up, and then the credits are played over the final performance of the winning song. Just a thought....

Always hate the way they crash to a plug for either the tour or the auditions for next year - it just kills the atmosphere and takes a bit away from the winner. If they insist on running the promo at the end it would be better if they let the credits roll first then air the promo after that, but really in both cases a plug from Dermot to visit the website for details at some point during the show would be sufficient.

I do find it quite odd though they can sell thousands of tickets for the tour in arenas across the country - yet opt to give away the tickets for the final itself when they could actually make a small fortune.
PE
peterrocket Founding member
The vast majority of the final tickets are given to Talk Talk as part of the sponsorship package, presumably with the agreement they're free but it's up to Talk Talk how they distribute them.

Same goes for tickets to the live shows themselves, few are actually given away through Applause Store - the rest go to corporates, suppliers and family of contestants etc.
NJ
news junkie

Basically, Christopher was 1st for all the weeks with Jahmene 2nd.
Except when Rylan left, James was first and Christopher 2nd.
Then in Wk 9, James 1st and Jahmene 2nd.

Tonight, James won with 54% of the vote
A former member

Shocks at who won each week , but I cant found a link to details:
AG
AxG
So Christopher won every week until week 7.

http://xfactor.itv.com/2012/articles/x-factor-insider/read_the-x-factor-voting-numbers-revealed-here_item_100282.htm
NJ
news junkie
The contestants on the xtra factor appeared shocked that Chris had won the majority of the weeks especially as this story emerged today:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/christopher-maloney-quits-the-x-factor-1481980

Whether it is true or not is not for us to decide, but may put it in perspective as to why he was not there tonight
A former member
I doubt Gary will be back either on the X Factor.
WE
Westy2

If it's anything like Talk Talk Customer Services, I wouldn't bother.

(speaking as a former Talk Talk subscriber!)
DE
deejay
james posted:

It's a good thought, but one that doesn't fit in with ITV's strict end credit guidelines. Witness Dancing on Ice for example, where just as the skater takes to the ice for their lap of honour, the credits crawl across the bottom of the screen and ITV pres slap a full-sound trail across the live picture.

Newer posts