TV Home Forum

Channel 4 Christmas Ident

Split from The Christmas TV Thread 2012 (December 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
M
M@ Founding member
Pssst! Channel 4 have finally joined the festive fun. They just introduced Elf with a Snowman themed ident. Lovely stuff!
AG
AxG
Last edited by AxG on 9 December 2012 7:43pm
PC
Paul Clark
Love it! Well done Channel 4 Smile
RD
RDJ
Bleedin hell. It only took 8 years!!

Tis very nice.. though I don't really like the music if I'm honest.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Have they only used this for Elf or is this being used regularly?
TO
tomo359
At 10pm they used the regular Diner ident so it doesn't look like full christmas pres has taken effect Sad

I do love that new christmas ident though, hope they do end up using it more.
IS
Inspector Sands
I assume they'll only use it for Christmas related programmes, which makes perfect sense
BR
Brekkie
That is the route I've always felt channels should go - just use it for Christmas shows in the run up to Christmas, then perhaps full time for Christmas Eve through to Boxing Day.
WP
WillPS
That is the route I've always felt channels should go - just use it for Christmas shows in the run up to Christmas, then perhaps full time for Christmas Eve through to Boxing Day.

Do BBC One, BBC Two and ITV[1] show much Christmas programming prior to Christmas Eve/the weekend before?
BR
Brekkie
ITV certainly show most their "Christmas" output in the weeks leading up to Christmas rather than over the period itself, and of course BBC1 and BBC2 show a few things. Even if it's just the odd show though no harm in the ident just being used periodically in the run up to Christmas.
PA
paul_hadley
ITV1 and Channel 4 really pushing the boat out with Christmas idents this year? Wow.
LO
lobster
Absolutely lovely.

One of the best Christmas idents I've seen in years. For those of us who grew up in the 1980s, there is something magical about the snowman.

Newer posts