The Newsroom

US Election Results

6th / 7th November 2012 (October 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
From Slovenia, here's RTV Slovenija's U.S. election night set -- a virtual set (no, Obama and Romney aren't really standing there) based on the first debate stage:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/az2si/rtvslo-us2012-1a_zpsa5b72aef.jpg

And from France, here's the opening sequence to BFM TV's election night coverage, also showing their set:

http://medias.lenodal.com/video.php?id=13450

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/az2si/bfmtv-us2012-1a_zpsfd22b37a.jpg
GE
thegeek Founding member
Surprised that BBC NC is being anchored wholly from the US so far today. Presume that this will end after PMQs.

Still there - and they didn't even break for PMQs. (Or rather DPMQs - Cameron is away.)
The headline bed going into the US2012 title sequence doesn't work particularly well. Nor does the re-edit they've done on that title music; or the fact that the reverse vision from London has such a lag on it that the title sequence is still halfway through forming up on the big screen when they crossfade through to the studio.

But other than that, it's not too bad.
RE
remlap
Thought this might interest some.

BR
Brekkie
The only way to get through an election night:
HO
House
The only way to get through an election night:

I seem to remember her appearing rather tipsy after Obama won in 2008 too. What you've got to love, though, is the faces of Jake Tapper and particularly David Muir around 1:52. They both look like they're trying hard to suppress laughter as she continues.
BR
Brekkie
ITV had a pretty good night ratings wise on Tuesday. They didn't topple the BBC of course but head to head from 11.35pm-6am they got 197,000 compared to 250,000 on BBC1.
JO
Jon
ITV had a pretty good night ratings wise on Tuesday. They didn't topple the BBC of course but head to head from 11.35pm-6am they got 197,000 compared to 250,000 on BBC1.

Not bad at all really.
MI
Michael
Jon posted:

Not bad at all really.

Strong lead in from the football and NaT.
BA
bilky asko
The closing bracket is part of the link I think

It isn't

It is. I clicked it and deleted the bracket. It worked after.

So what I said was right...the bracket isn't part of the link...

It's part of the link. It's not part of the valid address that Billy was attempting to link to.

Everyone's problems would have been averted had they viewed the tweet on Neon, where it displayed itself in all its wondrous glory.
MI
Michael
Everyone's problems would have been averted had they viewed the tweet on Neon, where it displayed itself in all its wondrous glory.

Call me a luddite, but I'm on "old" TVF, and will continue to be until it's taken offline. It's a shame these things aren't backwards compatible.
JO
Jon

Call me a luddite, but I'm on "old" TVF.

I think quite a few of us still are. It's a lot easier to digest what's going on for a simpleton like me.
JO
Joe
I don't see why Neon is so radically different, in your eyes.

Newer posts