Media Websites

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FREEVIEW

click here for the website on all you need to know on FV (June 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
cwathen posted:
Quote:
Java is basically a botched version of C

Maybe, but as has been said JavaScript is not Java. It was originally named LiveScript but because of it being introduced when Java was an industry buzzword (anyone actually know why? I didn't see it as any sort of a big event) Sun thought it would make it catch on if they called it 'JavaScript'.

If memory serves, it was because Java was the first truly portable and platform-independent programming language. Never paid too much interest to it as wasn't capable of doing what I needed it to do - namely run realtime monitoring on co-extruders so I stuck with Assembler.
SD
sda|
Mick posted:
cwathen posted:
Quote:
Java is basically a botched version of C

Maybe, but as has been said JavaScript is not Java. It was originally named LiveScript but because of it being introduced when Java was an industry buzzword (anyone actually know why? I didn't see it as any sort of a big event) Sun thought it would make it catch on if they called it 'JavaScript'.

If memory serves, it was because Java was the first truly portable and platform-independent programming language. Never paid too much interest to it as wasn't capable of doing what I needed it to do - namely run realtime monitoring on co-extruders so I stuck with Assembler.

iirc they called it java as it was the type of coffee the developers drank

Newer posts