The Weather Thread

For Domestic Coverage (November 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
You can pipe down. He's not lying.
JT
jolly turnip
Just before midnight on the News Channel I am pretty sure Phil Avery was forecasting with glasses perched on his head - any one else see that?! Or was it just the multiple bottles of Coors I had?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Just before midnight on the News Channel I am pretty sure Phil Avery was forecasting with glasses perched on his head - any one else see that?! Or was it just the multiple bottles of Coors I had?

Coors? Are you serious? That's a ladies beer. LOL. (I joke, of course.)
JW
JamesWorldNews
Fancy new ident on World Weather just now. After an ancient Qataria ident, we had the weather presenter appearing in front of one of the seven World circles after it exploded out of the line up of seven globes into the middle of the screen. The enlarged globe then had the weather headlines superimposed atop it, before the weather presenter in this case Laura Tobin with her name on the screen, started to elaborate on the opening caption. A bit of a weather forecast in reverse, where the caption would normally come at the very end rather than the beginning.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Laura Tobin is leaving? Or doing what new from Monday?

I can't paste the link for some reason, but if you check the Twitter feed of Naga, you'll see why I'm asking the question.

@bbcnaga
JO
Joshua
Laura's joining Daybreak from Monday as their main weather presenter.
AQ
Aquasetia
Laura's joining Daybreak from Monday as their main weather presenter.

Link here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/daybreak/week362012/default.html

13 days later

BE
Benjamin1
ITV regional weather presenters are having a meeting today at the Met Office, discussing how they present the weather. Changes ahead... maybe.
JO
Jonny
ITV regional weather presenters are having a meeting today at the Met Office, discussing how one of them can present all the weathers.

Fixed it for you.
ST
Stedixon
Don't know if anyone saw this on the BBC News Channel yesterday (13th).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPaFxL28R04

Bad recording and its not from me, just searched for it.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Assuming that the weather in Breakfast comes from the usual weather studios at TV Centre, it appears that they have come up to date and introduced a wireless "clicker" such as those used in many of the regions.

30 days later

AS
Asa Admin
Does every other region get a 'throw a six to start' weather forecaster at the weekend? I'm sure I've seen three separate unknowns on South East Today over the last couple of days.

Newer posts