TV Home Forum

X Factor 2012

Live show on Saturday - Final 12 revealed (June 2012)

BP
bpmikey Wales Wales Today
Have they even announced a presenter yet for the US version. They can get away without them at auditions and even Boot Camp but surely from Boot Camp onwards they need to be there, and they should be filming them around about now (as the UK version is).

The bootcamp stages have already been filmed, still without a host tommy knowledge.
The next filming will be judges houses - they are cutting it fine!
SW
SWatson7
Just on a note about the credits, did anyone else notice that Nicole was credited but didn't actually appear?

I think the problem really set in here is when Simon, Cheryl and Dannii left last year replaced by three new judges. While the show should be about the acts and talent, the 'dream team' of them and Louis worked perfectly and that will always be its peak.

The format of the auditions this year and the way it is packaged is very sickly. The show has always been accused of being fake, but the way they have packaged the auditonees this year one has to ask are they deliberately taking the p*** out of the viewers? I think i've said before but people in TV world seem utterly disconnected from the 'real people'.

I don't think the problem was losing Simon, Cheryl and Dannii. Last years auditions were the most watched in the shows history with the new panel and went down well. People often forget how good the panel was in the earlier rounds, it was just in the live shows where it went pear shaped and I think the issues were wider than the judges. Firstly there was the ridiculous twist in the first week, and, as silly as it sounds, there was no novelty act in the finals. I do wonder whether the live shows would have performed better had Goldie not quit the show. There was no talking point last year, and the show hit new heights whilst Jedward & Wagner were in. Then there was the whole Frankie quitting/Amelia returning situation. She was great but that made an even bigger farce of the show.

They should have just brought the same panel back. Kelly was reportedly approached but sidelined her in favour of Dannii. After the upheaval with last years judges, it just needed to be stable this year yet its anything but stable! It's also embarrassing that Anastacia went down well before the show even aired, and many want Mel B to become a permanent fixture. Now Kelly understands the show properly, I think she would have fit in much better and taken it a lot less seriously this year, and she was the only judge that people were actually talking about last year! It was a silly move to let her go.

This years hasn't been helped with the godawful editing either. Those TOWIE scenes are toecurlingly bad. They used to work when they did them in the holding area and it seemed much more natural with Dermot (and Kate) speaking to them, but now it just makes it feel even more scripted. The show also seems to be lacking pace at the minute which isn't helping at all. They're completely overthinking what has made X Factor a success and each year it becomes more and more engineered.
BE
Ben Founding member London London
Is that the same Beth Hart who moderated the Digital Spy forums?

You know that's the first thing that went through my mind before even noticing that Shu Greene has apparently got the XFactor.
www.youtube.com/vtrben
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member STV Central Reporting Scotland
Ben posted:
Is that the same Beth Hart who moderated the Digital Spy forums?

You know that's the first thing that went through my mind before even noticing that Shu Greene has apparently got the XFactor.

If so she's managed to be very consistent in her ineptitude.
PE
Pete Founding member STV North Reporting Scotland
I've decided I'm going to watch one of the episodes I have recorded to see how dreadful the whole TOWIE business is. I never actually bothered with last year although I only ever used to sit and laugh at the inept singers whilst getting drunk so perhaps I wasn't their target audience.

Or perhaps I was exactly their target audience. Mind I never voted so probs the former.

Meanwhile on a completely different tangent, thisisfoxx on youtube (who you may remember as former forumer chrisb) has done this...

ELM 2011: I am sick of been persicuted by you immature TV Forumers!
FO
fodg09
The US show returns for its second season next week and judging by the new website, it will have new titles to adjust to the new color scheme.

http://www.thexfactorusa.com/
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
The colouring of the logo is awful.

Don't really understand why it's got to be different to the other versions in other territories.
SW
SWatson7
If anyone is even still watching, they're getting desperate now and have talked Cheryl 'X Factor is now behind me' Cole into returning for judges houses with Gary. I wouldn't be surprised if now shes caved to have involvement with the programme, they tried to get her back on board for next year, or if they even did a Nicole on err... Nicole, and replaced her with Cheryl for the live shows. Would be a bit of positive publicity I guess.

All that will be missing this year is a cameo from Dannii & Kelly. Sharon is helping Louis again whilst Simon will appear telling them which categories they all have.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
The US show returns for its second season next week and judging by the new website, it will have new titles to adjust to the new color scheme.

I wouldn't read too much into that - they've played with the colouring of the logo here over the years but it's always been red in the titles.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
GE
georgebligh London London

I wouldn't read too much into that - they've played with the colouring of the logo here over the years but it's always been red in the titles.

The titles will be the pink and blue theme as on the website.
It is because in the infamous Simon Cowell biography that was released, Cowell said how he thought the first season's graphics and set were too dull, especially the live show set. So I'm guessing they'll be going over the top with the bright colours this season.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Fair enough, but really, did they have to use MAGENTA!?!
DB
dbl London London

The promos on FOX still retain the Red coloured logo.

Newer posts