TV Home Forum

Doctor Who

Series 7 (September 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
Another new Doctor Who logo in evidence tonight.
VM
VMPhil
It looks awful. What have they done to the opening credits as well?
JO
Jon

If it's the same logo as on the website, and there is no reason to think it wouldn't be I agree.
VM
VMPhil
Jon posted:

If it's the same logo on the website I agree.

It is indeed the same as on the website.
CR
Critique
Indeed, it looked awful. A weird choice of font, and instead of the lightning in the Time vortex zapping the names, in a 3D way, onto the screen, plain text now fades and zooms forward. They've done it on the logo too...

And have they put some effect on the time vortex itself to make it look dreadful?
VM
VMPhil

And have they put some effect on the time vortex itself to make it look dreadful?

It looks like they've ran it through a filter like those mobile photo apps.

I've just read on DS that apparently the logo is going to change each week, so tonight's was supposed to resemble the exterior of a Dalek.
CR
Critique

Series 7 above, Series 6 below.

And yes, the Series 7 titles actually look like that. It isn't just bad quality.
SR
SomeRandomStuff

I've just read on DS that apparently the logo is going to change each week, so tonight's was supposed to resemble the exterior of a Dalek.

I feel like a complete nerd now because I knew exactly what was going on from the second I saw it. - Dalek bumps Logo.

Superb idea. Next week Dinosaur scales, then perhaps a wooden "old west" style title... no idea about "The Power of 3", but perhaps a 1930s New York style typeface or even just... stone for "The Angels take Manhattan"

Cant wait.. superb... erm Doctor Who? Looks like the only people who are going to end up remembering who he is are the audience.
BA
bilky asko

I feel like a complete nerd now because I knew exactly what was going on from the second I saw it. - Dalek bumps Logo.

Superb idea. Next week Dinosaur scales, then perhaps a wooden "old west" style title... no idea about "The Power of 3", but perhaps a 1930s New York style typeface or even just... stone for "The Angels take Manhattan"

Cant wait.. superb... erm Doctor Who? Looks like the only people who are going to end up remembering who he is are the audience.

Don't worry, I noticed too, and I only watch Doctor Who casually.
CR
Critique

I could tell it was supposed to resemble the 'Dalek bumps' on it, but I thought it looked horrible! It's a good idea, yes, but it hasn't been executed well.

God, it's like commenting on something in the Gallery!
SR
SomeRandomStuff

I could tell it was supposed to resemble the 'Dalek bumps' on it, but I thought it looked horrible! It's a good idea, yes, but it hasn't been executed well.

Like the Gallery?!? Shut Up... it was executed perfectly. Next thing you'll be directing professional designers from The Mill to the Guide to Mocking. Laughing

I particularly liked the dematerialising credit text.

EURRGHHH FUUUUHHHH EURRRGHHH FUUUUHHH (<that's the tardis sound Shocked )
CR
Critique

Like the Gallery?!? Shut Up... it was executed perfectly. Next thing you'll be directing professional designers from The Mill to the Guide to Mocking. Laughing

We'll have to agree to disagree, Phil! I didn't like what they'd done to the titles at all! But of course, not everyone will think the same!

And well, if Daybreak doesn't work out again, there are some mocks that they can take inspiration from...

Newer posts