TV Home Forum

Sky's catch-up service & EPG software updates

4OD now available (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
Jake
Some pictures of the catch-up service.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/49951-catch-up-tv-your-epg-very-soon.html
Last edited by Jake on 18 March 2013 12:50pm - 4 times in total
ST
Stuart

It was slipped out by accident (for a while) in the last bug-fix for beta-testers last week.

I didn't see it at the time, but it fits in with the way they have redesigned the 'on demand' service Razz
:-(
A former member
I really like the idea of a 'waste basket' where you can go back and retrieve deleted programmes. Hope that makes it into the final build.
ST
Stuart
I really like the idea of a 'waste basket' where you can go back and retrieve deleted programmes. Hope that makes it into the final build.

I think it's probably a 'dead cert'. Wink

There are some other probs with stack deletions, but they're not related to the 'undelete' function.
JA
JAS84
A Recycle Bin on a DVR? Not before time.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
JAS84 posted:

Already on Tivo
CH
chris
JAS84 posted:

Already on Tivo

Indeed. It's very handy too! The number of times I deleted the wrong Coronation Street.....
VM
VMPhil
It goes back quite a bit too, I've found. I think there is about a month's worth of deleted recordings.
ST
Stuart
Sky's undelete function doesn't appear to have a time limit. I've been using the feature for about a month now, and haven't seen anything disappear from the list of available recordings.

It's certainly come in very useful on more than one occasion so far.
LA
lanky
If "deleted" programmes are not actually deleted they will take up room on the hard drive. Will there be a function to delete them from the "bin", as with computers?
CF
CatsFast101
lanky posted:
If "deleted" programmes are not actually deleted they will take up room on the hard drive. Will there be a function to delete them from the "bin", as with computers?

Apparently they just delete automatically when you need space for new recordings.
MI
Michael
lanky posted:

You do know that that's exactly how computer hard drives work? Files are never actually ERASED when you delete them, but the portion of the disc where the file is located is marked as being "reusable" and thus is able to be written over when new files are created. I don't see how this is any different.

Newer posts