TV Home Forum

Networked ITV - 1990s and before...

(August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Does anyone know when the Frank Bough sex scandal took place in 1992? if it was later 1992 that might explain why LWT Axed Six o'Clock live!

By this point I believe 6 O'Clock Live was being fronted by Nick Owen anyway, but it was axed apparently so they could start building up and getting ready for London News Network, the last 6 O'Clock Live was late August and LWT News was on at 5.10pm on Fridays for the rest of 1992 by the looks of it.

Apartly the first day of this new ident, was the same day as when lwt news started at 5.10. So when did Frank leave the show?
SW
Steve Williams
Does anyone know when the Frank Bough sex scandal took place in 1992? if it was later 1992 that might explain why LWT Axed Six o'Clock live!

It didn't take place in 1992, he was all over the papers in 1988 and that's why he stopped doing the Holiday programme. It was long over by 1992, he was on Have I Got News For You by then.
A former member

It didn't take place in 1992, he was all over the papers in 1988 and that's why he stopped doing the Holiday programme. It was long over by 1992, he was on Have I Got News For You by then.

No, your thinking of his Drug and cock scandal in 1988.

In 1992 he was caught again in a S&M prostitute's Welbeck Street flat scandal Laughing
SW
Steve Williams
cock scandal

?
SC
Si-Co
cock scandal

?

Happens to the best of us!
A former member
Si-Co posted:
cock scandal

?

Happens to the best of us!

Cocaine

24 days later

A former member
AT LAST IN-conjunctive with this thread http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/went-wrong-night-time-29774/

One of the very last piece of the jigsaw the Meridian Night time service, which its believe was used from

* January - December 1995, Before changing to "The Edge" brand" for the Med/Ang from January 1996. Without more "proof" its going to be hard to explain the proper facts.

Last edited by A former member on 26 August 2012 9:55pm - 2 times in total

74 days later

NW
nwtv2003

From the first night of 24 hour broadcasting on Thames which is apparently from 13th July 1987.
A former member

From the first night of 24 hour broadcasting on Thames which is apparently from 13th July 1987.

I cant be Mid July, we have always been under the impression that Thames night time started around 21 August 1987. That Come home to Thames promo is for the new season, I don't recall any company starting promos 6 weeks ahead..

it could be 17th august??

15 days later

A former member
Blow me down I got the date bang on for the 17th August

Does anyone have a better version of LWT Snowdon promo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bZYxgbAKbQc#t=164s

14 days later

A former member
Have I postage any pics/ newspaper links about the Thames sale in 1985? There is some rather interesting details.

55 days later

A former member
who was the last company to bring in Electronic News Gathering (ENG) cameras?

Newer posts