TV Home Forum

Celebrity Big Brother

(August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
It's that time of year again where people post "Never heard of them" and "Who?" even though the programme they are watching quite clearly explains who everyone is.

Anyway, here is a thread for it.

Big Brother's Bit on the Side is sometimes quite good, even if the main show isn't that interesting, so I'll probably be watching that.

I did read that Channel 5 want someone from the popular show Olympics: London 2012 to go in. I expect they will get someone from Team GB but I wonder if it will be a Gold, Silver, Bronze or DNF member. Fat Heather from EastEnders and Louise Mensch are also rumored. You also don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that Prince Phillip is going to enter the house this evening too.

There have been quite a few mentions of "Yellow Reggae" on Big Brother's Bit on the Side recently, is this just a reference to this very funny sketch or is there more to it?
Last edited by David on 9 September 2012 8:28pm - 7 times in total
BR
Brekkie
I can't see any Olympian from 2012 sacrificing the next three weeks to appear in a well past it show on C5 - they'd risk going from hero to zero in a matter of weeks.

Much more likely C5 will put in a bronze medalists from a couple of decades ago.
JO
Jon
I can't see any Olympian from 2012 sacrificing the next three weeks to appear in a well past it show on C5 - they'd risk going from hero to zero in a matter of weeks.

Much more likely C5 will put in a bronze medalists from a couple of decades ago.

Bert le Clos would be a good signing.
ME
mediaman2007
David posted:

Fat Heather

Pointless.

David posted:
Louise Mensch

Ha would love to see this. She'd survive a few hours.

[quote="David" pid="837452"You also don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that Prince Phillip is going to enter the house this evening too.[/quote]

Laughing
JO
Jon
David posted:

Fat Heather

Pointless.

What a horrible comment. She's brought many hours of entertainment to many people.
SR
SomeRandomStuff
I am going to get my one post on this thread out of the way quickly so you can all get on with talking drivel....

WTF Groan... "Celebrity" Big Brother is the worst pile of tripe programme in the history of internal organ television.
DA
David

What else are they doing for the next three weeks? What about the substitute player for the womans polo team who never actually played? She could go in.
JO
Jon
I've not watched any of the Big Brother's for a while. But flicking on and off this line up seems quite good.

Liking the secret mission as well.
BA
bilky asko
If Julian Clary doesn't pull a Jack Dee, I'll be annoyed, and disappointed.
DB
dbl
A failed Olympian... Ashley McKenzie
SW
SWatson7
Quite surprised by the people they've managed to get. Not big stars by any means, but I know most of them and it's one of the strongest celeb line ups from a celeb reality show in recent years.

The opening was hilarious, I loved the secret mission (even if it was recycled) and Julie & Cheryl in the diary room not understanding it had me in stitches, as did the first couple of 'tasks'. But they've since forgotten about it and it has gone a tad flat. Shaping up to be an alright series though. It's contrieved, but I do love it when they purposely cast housemates against each other and make a point of having opposing views in their VT.
ME
mediaman2007
Jon posted:
David posted:

Fat Heather

Pointless.

What a horrible comment. She's brought many hours of entertainment to many people.

I hope you don't think I was the one calling her fat. That would be the original, lovely, poster I quoted.

Newer posts