The Gallery

Widescreen graphics - bid

Widescreen graphics for everyone's favourite channel (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
I was originally going to make a recreation of bid's graphics in widescreen, but soon I realised that it adapting their current graphics wasn't going to work. So, here is my first serious mock in years:

And here's the graphics with the multi-buy and timer:

I don't think there's much I can add in terms of description. I'm looking forward to what you think, and I hope I've improved somewhat since my first mocks, way back in 2006(ish).

I just realised I forgot to add a background - they're transparent PNGs, so you can overlay them on your favourite picture of Peter Simon or Tim Willcox.
Last edited by bilky asko on 14 August 2012 7:42pm
AG
AxG
Very nice, but going backwards twice.

Awfully positioned 'Live' tag.
BA
bilky asko
AxG posted:

I don't want to look like a complete idiot, but I don't understand what you're saying. (I'm going to look like a complete prat if you're pointing out something obvious...)

AxG posted:

I only remembered they had one quite late on. Now the images are shrunken down, it does look a bit cack. To be honest, it doesn't need to be there at all, but they seem to like it.
AD
Adamskii
AxG posted:

I don't want to look like a complete idiot, but I don't understand what you're saying. (I'm going to look like a complete prat if you're pointing out something obvious...)

AxG posted:

I only remembered they had one quite late on. Now the images are shrunken down, it does look a bit cack. To be honest, it doesn't need to be there at all, but they seem to like it.

I think AxG means these graphics:
http://www.playtelly.com/gallery/thumbs/lrg-11295-bid78.jpg
BA
bilky asko
AxG posted:

AxG posted:

As in going back two iterations? Oh!

Yes, I did that purposely because the overlapping design doesn't work with the chevrons. I tried to incorporate more of the newer elements into the mock to balance it out.
SR
SomeRandomStuff
I like these... I even like the awkwardly placed Live Bug, channels like this like these things to be in your face so you dont forget, not subtly tucked away in a corner.

Good job Bilky.
JA
james
AxG posted:

AxG posted:

As in going back two iterations? Oh!

Yes, I did that purposely because the overlapping design doesn't work with the chevrons. I tried to incorporate more of the newer elements into the mock to balance it out.

Nice Mock AxG, a few niggles but they have already been pointed out. Smile Also I hate the above graphics as they replaced far superior animations, where the arrow ate the quantity at the end of each falling auction. Sad
Last edited by james on 15 August 2012 10:06pm
RO
rob Founding member
The things I were going to comment on have been mentioned, so I'll simply say that it's a good mock. Well done Bilky. Very Happy

Newer posts