Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WP
WillPS
Short but gold... a Southern Television production for TVS...

The programme itself is a good watch too.

I wonder why Southern agreed to show that? They were not at all happy about the whole thing!
BE
Ben Founding member
I wonder why Southern agreed to show that? They were not at all happy about the whole thing!

They didn't show it, it was broadcast on the first night of TVS. It just featured a Southern VT clock because TVS used their resources, other pre-1982 productions had a bit of paper with T.V.S. stuck over the Southern Name on the clock.
IS
Inspector Sands

They didn't, it was shown on day 1 of TVS. It would have been made at Southern's studios so presumably it was just the first VT clock that came to hand... it's a purely functional device and not meant to be seen on air so it didn't matter
WP
WillPS
Ahhah. I saw the date "22.12.1981" and incorrectly assumed that was broadcast date.
:-(
A former member
Its the opening/Close of 2nd series of Mike & Angelo. Ie the series wit "Tim Whitnall" and Mike King.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjGnci3HP8&feature=player_detailpage#t=330s
Ie 5min 30sec in:
PT
Put The Telly On
Glad they changed the theme. One of the best CITV theme tunes imo.

One of my earliest memories I'd nearly forgotten about...

Police 5 with Shaw Taylor (1992)
IS
Inspector Sands
Did Police 5 really continue until 1992? I remember when Shaw Taylor retired and thought it was much earlier than that.

Which regions had Police 5, I know LWT showed it and I assume Central did as that's where it started. I assume Shaw didn't do versions for every region?
WP
WillPS
Its the opening/Close of 2nd series of Mike & Angelo. Ie the series wit "Tim Whitnall" and Mike King.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjGnci3HP8&feature=player_detailpage#t=330s
Ie 5min 30sec in:

Wow - trying way too hard for an American audience whilst forgetting about the British one it relied upon. Does anybody know if they actually managed to get any buyers across the Atlantic?

Great footage of the screening room at Broad Street - looking much the same as it did 20 years later when the urban explorers arrived.

9 days later

DB
dbl
Tour around the ABC News Headquarters in New York and CBS Broadcast Center.

9 days later

IS
Inspector Sands
6th July 2005 Full BBC 2012 Olympic host city announcement programme
A former member
channel 4 xmas tape:

10 days later

A former member
Children in Need 1984 - continuity, opening titles, Wogan, Lumley

Newer posts