The Newsroom

New Broadcasting House Studios

Descriptions of the studios, their uses and technology within them. (July 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
Last edited by 88291 on 11 September 2012 4:55am - 2 times in total
PE
Pete Founding member
What video is this you are transcribing exactly?
DK
DanielK
Very interesting insight into the studios and their tech - thank you! One question about graphic control, will weather be taking on the iPad too, and for presenters and reporters not wanting to use an iPad (for whatever reason) can they still control it via the weather presenter style clicker or something else?

EDIT: Is there no Studio D? And if anything was presented from the newsroom can the NC cameras come out and work in the newsroom?
Very Exciting
Last edited by 88291 on 11 September 2012 4:56am
DF
DrewF
One question about graphic control, will weather be taking on the iPad too

How would this benefit?
Very interesting insight into the studios and their tech - thank you! One question about graphic control, will weather be taking on the iPad too, and for presenters and reporters not wanting to use an iPad (for whatever reason) can they still control it via the weather presenter style clicker or something else?

EDIT: Is there no Studio D? And if anything was presented from the newsroom can the NC cameras come out and work in the newsroom?

Trying to get pictures up so watch this space....

Not sure about the weather presenters, though they probably just keep the use of their hands to show weather fronts moving on the map, and I suppose an iPad would hinder their use a bit. Not sure about presenters not wanting to use iPad either, for simple tasks I'm sure they probably keep to the clicker.

Studio D is BBC London studio, no info on that as they are moving in quite late i believe, if I can get up the floorplans pic you will be able to see for yourself how they are mapped out. Very Happy
DK
DanielK
DrewF posted:

How would this benefit?

Not knowing what the weather studio is like, the iPad could be in a wall..dock (correct word? Waldens house in Two and a Half Men) to control a large screen, barco or plasma, or if it's chroma key then iPad would be no use.
DF
DrewF
DrewF posted:

How would this benefit?

Not knowing what the weather studio is like, the iPad could be in a wall..dock (correct word? Waldens house in Two and a Half Men) to control a large screen, barco or plasma, or if it's chroma key then iPad would be no use.

What are you on about?

The clicker is all that's needed - the presenter puts the slides and sequences together before they go on air - what is holding an iPad going to do?
DK
DanielK
I didn't say holding the iPad...like in the show, the iPad is mounted on the wall, where the alarm panel is.http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25500000/9x01-Nice-To-Meet-You-Walden-Schmidt-two-and-a-half-men-25535329-1280-720.jpg
PE
Pete Founding member
Please stop talking Daniel.

Trying to get pictures up so watch this space....

Feel free to use the lovely metropol upload service Smile
Can't Wait to see them broadcast from there...
Last edited by 88291 on 11 September 2012 4:57am
DF
DrewF
Thankyou very much Very Happy

Looking very nice - suspect some tweaking will mean they look even nicer on air.

Newer posts