TV Home Forum

Blue Peter Big Olympic Tour Breakdown

Split from BBC Two Rebrand and Onwards (July 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BE
benriggers
Is the breakdown on the Iplayer version?

Well, on iPlayer through Virgin they have the complete 10am showing, taken straight off CBBC with the DOG, rather than the truncated 9am version. Still good fun, though, some nice ad-libs from Barney ("pretend you've not seen this bit before!") and all that.

The chucking it down one was indeed the same one Blue almost didn't appear on, in Manchester, and in Inside The Archive Richard Marson said the council were going to ask them to abandon it completely for safety reasons but in the end they allowed them to do it without a proper audience.

I can't see it online because the 9am episode is the same as the 10am one (Barney apologises at the start)
SW
Steve Williams
I can't see it online because the 9am episode is the same as the 10am one (Barney apologises at the start)

There's no point in putting the 9am one up because it's exactly the same as the 10am one only after ten minutes it stops.
SW
Steve Williams
Bournemouth is not even near the Island or easily accesible from it, it's 45 miles away and would take an hour and a half to get there, so those with tickets would have had an expensive trip round the coast to get there.

You don't need tickets, it's free to enter.
DA
David
There's no point in putting the 9am one up because it's exactly the same as the 10am one only after ten minutes it stops.

No it isn't. The 10am programme was a complete restart. Barney Harwood even mentions the problems with the 9am programme at the start of the 10am programme.
SW
Steve Williams
David posted:
No it isn't. The 10am programme was a complete restart. Barney Harwood even mentions the problems with the 9am programme at the start of the 10am programme.

I know, but the 9am programme had exactly the same features before it went off - a report from the School Games, a canoeing guide and an interview with Andy Day. The only difference is the links. Which you don't need to see two versions of.
BU
buster
David posted:

I know, but the 9am programme had exactly the same features before it went off - a report from the School Games, a canoeing guide and an interview with Andy Day. The only difference is the links. Which you don't need to see two versions of.

And quite apart from that, other than to us geeks it's a bit embarrassing that it fell off air so why would they put it up?!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I can't think of another instance recently where a programme has had technical issues and the schedules have been cleared so they can start again (albeit the schedule of a digital channel). I presume part of the reason for doing that was so that they have a full version to repeat?
ST
stevek2
Bournemouth is not even near the Island or easily accesible from it, it's 45 miles away and would take an hour and a half to get there, so those with tickets would have had an expensive trip round the coast to get there.

You don't need tickets, it's free to enter.

I read that the blue peter thing was tickeked but the rest of the day was free, the report on the change said those with tickets could still use them in bournemouth
BU
buster
I can't think of another instance recently where a programme has had technical issues and the schedules have been cleared so they can start again (albeit the schedule of a digital channel). I presume part of the reason for doing that was so that they have a full version to repeat?

Probably just as much easier to do it from a scheduling point of view - lift out a half hour show and replace with another - than try and re-mount 17 minutes (or whatever was left) and then get back on schedule. I guess the considerations of the crowd who'd turned up were also taken into account - if they'd all turned up it makes sense to give them the whole show they came to see.

You just wonder with the minimal continuity CBBC gets nowadays how many kids watching hung around till 10am and saw it, given there was no mention at all that it was coming back on air.

Newer posts