(January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Nebe
At 23 years, I might just qualify!
IT
InTune Founding member
Quote:
To start it off, when did John Stapleton join GMTV? and who used to present the News Hour (or the Reuters News Hour as it used to be branded) before him?

Not sure of the exact day, but I`m sure it was around the time that "The Time The Place" ended -

As to who presented the News Hour before Mr. Stapleton, it was Michael Wilson.

Apropos of nothing, Lorraine Kelly should be the main presenter, I do find Fiona annoying! -

Remember when GMTV started they had loads of original programmes, and original childrens shows. `Alarm Alert` `Teen Win Loose or Draw` and had non-childrens programmes too - Even Mike Morris from TVam presented `Sunday Best`for a while -

Can you believe its nearly 20 years since TVam started?! How time passes so quickly! I wonder what it would be like now and what they would have shown on TVam2 !
NW
nwtv2003
I remembered when Mike Morris did present on GMTV, AFAIK (My memory isn't that good) But I remembered that there was alot of demand for himt to be back on Breakfast TV and did move to GMTV for a short while, but he left very quickly though. I didn't like the orignal format, as I was already used to TV-am, but I found GMTV rather odd in it's early days for some reason. But I still miss TV-am, as they had Wacaday (The 5 year old is trying to jump out of me!)

BTW: Off topic but my birthday, next Friday, is shared with Breakfast Time's launch. So when I turn 16, Breakfast Time will be 20. Just a shame they can't do ana anniversary show as all the original Breakfast programmes have gone. Sad
AN
Andrew Founding member
nwtv2003 posted:
I remembered when Mike Morris did present on GMTV,

So, did Mike Morris continue to GMTV then

I thought he was "gutted" when TV-AM lost out!
HA
harshy Founding member
Mike Morris presented The Sunday Programme on GMTV IIRC
NW
nwtv2003
Andrew posted:
nwtv2003 posted:
I remembered when Mike Morris did present on GMTV,

So, did Mike Morris continue to GMTV then

I thought he was "gutted" when TV-AM lost out!

From what I remember he wasn't there from Day 1 like Lorraine was, I think he was brought in after a few months or so and left a few months later.
JA
Jamez
I loved the TV AM theme - the full titles with the sky shot of 2000 people all spelling out 'Good Morning Britain'. The music was excellent aswell.

GMTV is just tacky. The set is stale and very 80s, the backdrop is dull and boring - it looks like a load of Coronation Street chimneys. The music is drab and boring.

Fiona Philips gets on my wick a bit, she seems to always be rubbing the inside of her legs when conducting an interview. And who is that annoying camp bloke who talks about TV programmes??? Rolling Eyes
TV
TVDragon
Jamez posted:
I loved the TV AM theme - the full titles with the sky shot of 2000 people all spelling out 'Good Morning Britain'. The music was excellent aswell.

GMTV is just tacky. The set is stale and very 80s, the backdrop is dull and boring - it looks like a load of Coronation Street chimneys. The music is drab and boring.

Fiona Philips gets on my wick a bit, she seems to always be rubbing the inside of her legs when conducting an interview. And who is that annoying camp bloke who talks about TV programmes??? Rolling Eyes

That would be Richard Arnold -- LOL. Some subtle clues in your description there gave me the answer. I like how these people watch TV all day, come on television for about 4 minutes and take home plenty of €€€. Confused
Oh, and he does the occasional down-your-doorstep style giveaways too.

I'm not a fan of Fiona "I tell you what.." Phillips, either. There's not enough room for her and Penny, so Fiona gets the boot. Plus, anyone who disses Sara Edwards doesn't do herself any favours in my books either.. Wink
AN
Anonymous
I for one find GMTV inane nonsense.. and getting worse. The only intelligent breakfast programmes are BBC Breakfast and, especialy, Sunrise on Sky. A good balance of hard news and a relaxed feel.
KN
knightmaredave
BRING BACK TV-AM
GMTV what a total bore!!!!
Bring back anee and Nick i say!!! and that stupid Rat!!!
GMTV always will suck!!! too boring
and well Ri:se will that be back??? i dobt it slowly will vanish me thinks!!!!
bring back big breakfast
HH
Holly Harper
It would be good to bring back TV-AM because GMTV is a copy of it. I would also agree to bringing back the Big Breakfast because mornings on 4 are so dull.

Newer posts