TV Home Forum

ITV News - Bluer and bluer...

(January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mark Founding member
Has anyone else noticed that ITV News are using more and more blue in their graphics - slides, sidebars etc? I can't see that this could mean a relaunch is imminent - if they're going to change their graphics, I'd imagine they'd do it all at once - but there's definitely more blue around than there used to be!

Personally I'm not a big fan - I prefer the graphics that use the spinning globe and the mix of colours.
PH
Phil
Yeah, I've noticed it as well. I'm not sure whether or not to read much into it - they've recently got a new editor, and this is one of the smaller changes he's made (like having studio guests, using the big screen, letting presenters be themselves a bit more etc). All the changes have been good though, so any relaunch will hopefully not be disappointing.
MA
mark Founding member
I think that David Mannion's return has certainly given a bit of a lift to ITV News - I'd imagine it's been good for staff morale at ITN, which might explain the presenters being more relaxed on-air!

Like you said, ITV News is definitely getting better, so hopefully the next relaunch will be a good one.

Newer posts