TV Home Forum

BBC Breakdown

Man City vs Liverpool (January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
foxtrot_yankee
It was going to happen in the end. The screen kept blanking out and now it's gone completely. The announcer is "really sorry."

I was enjoying that match as well
PE
Pete Founding member
she is still really sorry.

I don't like the music they're playing.

Is the caption in 16:9 on digital as it is in 4:3 on analogue
NW
nwtv2003
First time I've heard the cheesy music this year!
FO
foxtrot_yankee
Hooray! It's back at last.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Yes it's 16:9.

Someone was asking about interactivity in another thread. Not much chance of that when they can't even get the normal feed working.

Those fans will be so angry! Twisted Evil
CK
Chris Kelly
Tsk, I get here a minute before everyone else and you all bugger off to the late threads.

Terrible

(bored of this game, so I'm complaining needlessly!)
FO
foxtrot_yankee
Chris Kelly posted:
Tsk, I get here a minute before everyone else and you all bugger off to the late threads.

Terrible

Razz

My thread had more to say Smile
AD
Adam
Better entertainment than Football that was.
CK
Chris Kelly
foxtrot_yankee posted:
Chris Kelly posted:

Terrible

Razz

My thread had more to say Smile

Hehehe ...

Fair enough Wink
C6
Channel 6
Seeng the breakdown caption on the net i thought it would be nice to see, but not in the match that i was watching, why not a man Utd match or something. On the same topic, that music was horrible, and it looped back and started playing again.
Damn the Beeb, it better not happen in a match again, next time do it when something crap is on.
MO
Moz
Why couldn't they play out the Five Live feed rather than that wittering women and sh*te music!

I flicked over to channel 855 and Five Live was carrying on as usual - in fact they even said, "I hear that if you're watching on TV you've lost pictures at the moment, well we'll try and paper over the gaps for you!". Obviously no-one had told them that it wasn't interactive today so we couldn't hear them anyway!

And why no interactive - come on BBC!
LS
Larry Scutta
Moz posted:
I flicked over to channel 855 and Five Live was carrying on as usual - in fact they even said, "I hear that if you're watching on TV you've lost pictures at the moment, well we'll try and paper over the gaps for you!". Obviously no-one had told them that it wasn't interactive today so we couldn't hear them anyway!

You'd be amazed how many people watch sport on TV with commentary fom the radio (especially cricket on Channel 4, audio from Radio 4).

Even if 5Live commentary was availiable on the interactive service this would probably have disappeared with the programme

It would be possible for BBC1 to broadcast the sound of 5 Live in such an event, but I don't think that has ever happened

Newer posts