TV Home Forum

BBC World

Shifts (January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Martin Founding member
What is the presenter schedule for BBC World? I'm not looking for who does what, simply the hours of each shift.

If anyone could help
thanks
HA
harshy Founding member
Mondays-Fridays(all times in GMT)

Times shown are bulletins presented by each presenter.

Presenter 1
0500-0700

Presenter 2
0800-1100

Presenter 3
1200-1500

Presenter 4
1600-1900

Presenter 5(BBC Four News)
2000-2030

Presenter 6
2100-0000

Presenter 7
0100-0400

Hope this helps!
RE
Re-it-er-ate
They are rather unequal, unlike BBC News 24. One presenter does 30 minutes! Martine Dennis escapes with 2 hours. Some other poor little sod has to do 3 hours!
MA
Martin Founding member
Thats great thanks, just what I'm looking for

...but what about the weekends are they exactly the same?
HA
harshy Founding member
I'm not sure about the weekends Martin, but I think this is right.

Presenter 1
0500-1100

Presenter 2
1200-1800

Presenter 3
1900-0000

Presenter 4(Overnight N24)
0100-0500
HA
harshy Founding member
Re-it-er-ate posted:
They are rather unequal, unlike BBC News 24. One presenter does 30 minutes! Martine Dennis escapes with 2 hours. Some other poor little sod has to do 3 hours!

They are unequal, as you say the one presenter is the presenter for BBC Four News, Martine Dennis is only on for two hours.

A bit more bizzarre is we see the 1st Business presenter from TWT all the way to the 1600 bulletin, and then Manisha Tank takes over while the sports presenter gets replaced earlier after the 1100 bulletin!
RE
Re-it-er-ate
lol! Sounds like they are short staffed at the BBC. Ive seen Manisha running at 00.30 on the WBR. My BBC World Questions are:

1) If Business Presenter A does the WBR at 00.30 does she then do the TWT? For instance if we see Tanya Beckett at 00.30 will it be her or will it be Sally Bundock on TWT?
2) If Manisha Tank is on the 6 O Clock National news advertising her 6 Forum, will someone else be doing the World, or does she just pop over for 10 minutes??
NE
Newsroom
harshy posted:

Presenter 1
0500-1100

Presenter 2
1200-1800

Presenter 3
1900-0000

0100-0500

This is correct Harshy. After viewing a rather fantastic constant stream for more than 2 weeks now, your idea of the shift pattern is spot on. By the way, my long overdue visit to the news centre will take place next Saturday afternoon and I will be there until the N24 evening shift finishes! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MA
Martin Founding member
Thanks Harshy

Yes, I'm quite surprised about the 5-7am shift myself, I would have thought Martine would have been on till about 9
HA
harshy Founding member
Martin posted:
Thanks Harshy

Yes, I'm quite surprised about the 5-7am shift myself, I would have thought Martine would have been on till about 9

No problem Martin! Smile

Before TWT, European Breakfast started the morning presenter use to present up to 9.00 bulletin I think, and then from 10.00am used to be another presenter(Nik Gowing IIRC)who presented up to the 1.00pm GMT bulletin, then the afternoon presenter presented the 2.00pm GMT to 7.00 GMT bulletin and finally the evening news presenter presented the 8.00pm bulletin through to the midnight bulletin and between the 0500-1100 bulletins, there was no sports presenter, just the business presenter.
HA
harshy Founding member
Re-it-er-ate posted:
lol! Sounds like they are short staffed at the BBC. Ive seen Manisha running at 00.30 on the WBR. My BBC World Questions are:

1) If Business Presenter A does the WBR at 00.30 does she then do the TWT? For instance if we see Tanya Beckett at 00.30 will it be her or will it be Sally Bundock on TWT?
2) If Manisha Tank is on the 6 O Clock National news advertising her 6 Forum, will someone else be doing the World, or does she just pop over for 10 minutes??

Answer to Question 1

On BBC News 24, WBR is shown at a later time at 00.30, the actual edition you see on BBC News 24 is shown at 21.30 GMT on BBC World.

Answer to Question 2

On Wednesday's, BBC World uses a different business presenter to do Manisha's shift, this is usually Jamie Robertson or most recently Jane Sinclair.
HA
harshy Founding member
Newsroom posted:
harshy posted:

Presenter 1
0500-1100

Presenter 2
1200-1800

Presenter 3
1900-0000

0100-0500

This is correct Harshy. After viewing a rather fantastic constant stream for more than 2 weeks now, your idea of the shift pattern is spot on. By the way, my long overdue visit to the news centre will take place next Saturday afternoon and I will be there until the N24 evening shift finishes! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes for a second, I did actually forget the presenter shifts for the weekend, because I don't tend to watch the Weekend bulletins as much, well to be honest very little as it's boring during the weekends! Smile

Newer posts