TV Home Forum

BBC THREE Under Construction

More obvious now (January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
Not sure if this has been discussed (can't check anymore!!) but I saw an ident on Choice the other night which didn't have the construction workers breaking through the normal Choice ident, but just had the building site throughout the ident.

The THREE was more obvious too.

Is this new, or has it been like that for a while. When's THREE launching? It just sez February on their website.
CJ
Chris J
I think it's been like that for a bit now!
AJ
AJB
Moz posted:
Not sure if this has been discussed (can't check anymore!!) but I saw an ident on Choice the other night which didn't have the construction workers breaking through the normal Choice ident, but just had the building site throughout the ident.

The THREE was more obvious too.

Is this new, or has it been like that for a while. When's THREE launching? It just sez February on their website.

It launches on the 8th Feb.

EDIT: It lauches the 9th!
CH
chrisb
Wahey! BBC Robot Wars is getting a rebrand!
SL
Steve Lowry
chrisb posted:

Is it? When?
They've been using the St. Albans warehouse for a few series now. Are they getting a new warehouse, or just a graphics re-do?
RE
Re-it-er-ate
Robot Wars was much better when they had assault courses and other timed challenges for the first rounds. The constant battles get boring! Jeremy Clarkson was much better at presenting as well.
IT
ITV Lover
Steve Lowry posted:
chrisb posted:

Is it? When?
They've been using the St. Albans warehouse for a few series now. Are they getting a new warehouse, or just a graphics re-do?

I think he was reffering to BBC Choice. Robot Wars is all they seem to show these days.
SL
Steve Lowry
Re-it-er-ate posted:
Robot Wars was much better when they had assault courses and other timed challenges for the first rounds. The constant battles get boring!

I agree with you there. I think the Gauntlet was a good round, as was the Trials. Another thing is, now they've lengthened the program to 45 minutes, they seem to introduce the competitor robots at the start of every single round, which can get extremely annoying. There's only a couple of minutes of battling, and then ages and ages of talking to teams, introducing the same robot for the fifth time etc etc.
JA
jay Founding member
They've been filming some new episodes in Nottingham, they must be going to air soon as they were filmed last moth or so ago.
MA
Martin Founding member
Re-it-er-ate posted:
Robot Wars was much better when they had assault courses and other timed challenges for the first rounds. The constant battles get boring! Jeremy Clarkson was much better at presenting as well.

Yes I agree with you there, it's tried too hard to be like the american version which made me switch off after about the third series. Jeremy Clarkson with the first series I think was the best one.
MB
Mr.BBC
I hope there not just going to show robot wars on bbc three

http://www.tvhome.netfirms.com/upload/K2.jpeg
CJ
Chris J
I expect they will.

It's on BBC CHOICE a lot, isn't it?

Newer posts