TV Home Forum

ITV1 regional news on the ITV1 NETWORK!!!!

(June 2002)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Isonstine posted:
It would have maybe been nice to see a joint effort between ITV and BBC - like the Queen's Speech which is on rotation each year.

Is it? I thought that ITN always does it.
NG
noggin Founding member
No - the Queen's Speech at Christmas IS rotated between the BBC and ITV in production terms. ITN usually produce it for ITV when it is their turn, the BBC normally produce it in-house when it is their turn.

It is a comparatively recent change for it to alternate between ITV and the BBC - before this it was always a BBC production, although it was broadcast on ITV as well.
TV
tvmercia Founding member
noggin posted:
Sounds like a simple idea nicely done.

Pity they didn't have their presenters out and about though - surely 15+ studio sets for linking must have been a bit dull for anyone apart from us TV obsessed types? On the other hand - it's pretty simple to get 15+ studio feeds into London Studios (and the comms to work) - bit more difficult to co-ordinate them if they are OBs or satellite contributions.

Any idea if they were live or recorded?

im guessing most (if not all) were pre-recoded. central's certainly was, as the central news set is not due to be in position until after CITV on wednesday.

each presenter basically summed up events whilst talking over pictures,
:-(
A former member
So how did they prerecord it then? They must have used the studio at some point.
HA
harshy Founding member
A former member posted:
So how did they prerecord it then? They must have used the studio at some point.

Meridian's was definitely recorded, as the tracking was not done properly!
AN
Andrew Founding member
I didn't see this, as I was watching the BBC, I'll have to remember in future not to turn over from ITV1.

That presenter who did the YTV bit is indeed Nicola Crompton. She doesn't wear outfits like that for bulletins usually! Very Happy
NA
nananinanana
A very pregnant Juliette Piper presented the Welsh coverage externally on location in a remote village. Everyone else seemed to go for the obvious studio shot!

Top marks to HTV
SC
S4C i

I missed all this too, you have a very nice studio indeed! If only HTV would pay attention.

I especially like the map of Wales in the background Exclamation Smile
GE
geraint
nananinanana posted:
A very pregnant Juliette Piper presented the Welsh coverage externally on location in a remote village. Everyone else seemed to go for the obvious studio shot!

Top marks to HTV

A remote location? She was in Wenvoe which is right next door to the studios Smile
ND
new dazza
Well I thought that some of the music at Music Live - especially that from the South East at Canterbury was quite good! Even better when heard live!
NA
nananinanana
that must have been one long cable or would they have used a satellite link for that ob???
ND
new dazza
If you're on about Canterbury, the South East have a white scanner van which I think was used.

Newer posts