The Gallery

BBC News 24 - Sombre Countdown (2nd version)

(June 2002)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RH
RtH Founding member
I had yesterday two lessons, so I was off the rest of the day. In that time I did a quick mock of the BBC News 24 Countdown, but instead of a normal version I did a sombre version.

BBC News 24 Sombre Countdown

This is version 1, maybe I'll update it later with a better version.
PE
Pete Founding member
nice use of the breakdown music there. I wish N24 would use that when they go kaboom.
RH
RtH Founding member
Thanks for the comments Smile
BL
bluetv
I like it.... the only problem is the beeps in the Breakdown music aren't exactly 1 second apart, which makes it look a bit out of sync.
ND
Nick Dezacrusci
I'm no expert, so don't trust me on this, but in verison two, wouldn't a 'dum dum dum' added in the end be more affective? Also, is there anyway, please please please, that these fab sopunds can be converted into MP3 and uploaded round about here!?

Very good, well done that man. Laughing Laughing
PE
Pete Founding member
Nick Dezacrusci posted:
I'm no expert, so don't trust me on this, but in verison two, wouldn't a 'dum dum dum' added in the end be more affective? Also, is there anyway, please please please, that these fab sopunds can be converted into MP3 and uploaded round about here!?

Very good, well done that man. Laughing Laughing

The sound used on the clipn is the BBC World breakdown music. it's available (in lowish quality) at http://users.skynet.be/world/breakdown.mp3
RH
RtH Founding member
Thanks for the comments.

-The 2nd version has a part of the headline vamp at the end for about 10 seconds, followed by the BBC News 24 Headline vamp tag.

-I'm busy to get the pips and the seconds working correctly.

-The file can be found at the same address, or click here.

Newer posts