TV Home Forum

SKY Digital Interactive

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IA
Ian
Well, I do all my banking through Open (HSBC) and have never needed a keypad. The only use of the keypad is for email, which you don't need since you've got PC Internet access (but you could use it, of course!) However, with the close of Open shortly, Sky may release a new version of the keypad with Sky branding.
BB
BBC Choice
Open's Closing? Why? When? Is anything replacing it?

Mark Grindon
SZ
Sub Zero
BBC Choice posted:

Mark Grindon

ITV DIGITAL or something like that, which has ITV in it.
DA
Davidjb Founding member
OPEN is not closing . it just may change its name due to Sky owning more than 50% now. i think i heard the name Sky interactive mentioned but personally i think the name OPEN sounds good.
AS
Asa Admin
Open is closing but Sky do wish to keep core couple of features like email and banking. The rest of the interactive features will not be known under the 'Open' title, so who knows where they'll go.

Cheers, Asa
IA
Ian
Sub Zero posted:
BBC Choice posted:

Mark Grindon

ITV DIGITAL or something like that, which has ITV in it.

Erm no, stop it. That's completely different. 'ITV Digital' is the new name for ONdigital, the digital terrestrial platform, absolutely nothing do to with Open on Digital Satellite!

And, as for Open, it's as Asa says - the 'Open' brand will close, and the big services (such as 'Open games') will migrate into a service under the 'Sky Interactive' banner. Notice how some of the auxillary services such as the kids service, music reviews, etc. have stopped lately and film reviews have moved to Sky Movies Active. I wouldn't be surprised if we just end up with a Sky Games interactive channel, then Shopping, etc., without the need for the big 'Open' front-end. (possibly!)

Newer posts