TV Home Forum

CBBC to be rebranded

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
In the face of intense pressure from CITV and children's channels, CBBC is to have a makeover and be rebranded. The new brand identity will be used to promote the broadcasters childrens content on tv, radio and the internet. This could spell the end of the CBBC corporate logo, which has always been too dull for kids TV. CITV looks far slicker presentation wise these days, CBBC is too formal looking and too yellow & black.
:-(
A former member
CBBC is awful and, as far as I can remember, always has been. Their current graphics are pathetic, I don't know why they changed them from the last ones when the BBC logo changed.
MD
mdta
i think CBBC may become BBC Kids...

BBC America is not available in Canada. However there are plans to launch two Canadian channels - BBC Canada and BBC Kids - later this year in alliance with Canadian entertainment company, Alliance Atlantis Communications.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/about/#canada
JE
Jenny Founding member
CBBC: Quality original programming, lousy presentation, too many imports. That just about covers it.
BH
BillyH Founding member
Ah.You are forgetting The Demon Headmaster........
Wink
....Which I've just seen on CBBC and heard no mention of a new series-Last one January 1998-<censored>

(Edited by Billy Hicks88 at 5:15 pm on June 6, 2001)
JE
Jenny Founding member
That's usually the best policy... Wink
BA
Bail Moderator
They should have two CBBC's.. one for ickel kids (-5) with all the stupid stuff...telewatsits, and tweenis etc..and a 5+ one with fresh prince, simpsons, all the good stuff on bbc 2 at six
AS
Asa Admin
That's what is happening with BBC Three / Four.

They'll be 'Playbox' on one of the channels for the youngens and 'CBBC B' (name to be decided AFAIK) on the other channel with more teenage stuff.

Cheers, Asa
BA
Bail Moderator
Cool...finally the Beeb got something rite!

(Edited by Bail at 6:35 pm on June 6, 2001)
BH
BillyH Founding member
Asa posted:

They'll be 'Playbox' on one of the channels for the youngens

Ooh,Playbox! I used to love that kids show after This Morning in the early 90s when I was 3. 'Hello Cat' 'Hello Dog' etc.
DA
Davidjb Founding member
the reason the BBC have taken time to adjust is simply because they are new to multichannel environments. they only had itv as competition now out of nowhere came 20+ kids channels. they still hold out well compared to most kids channels on sattellie etc.

9 days later

RY
ryan
It's about time they gave CBBC a new look (although I do think the yelllow theme is the best they've ever had!)

Newer posts