TV Home Forum

Granada Media Group Channels

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Granada Media Group Channels now have a dreadful internet presence, now that G-Wizz has died there is no website for YTV, Border, Granada TV or Tyne Tees. LWT isn't much better but at least they have one.

Just look at these,

www.border-tv.co.uk

www.yorkshire-tv.co.uk

this is an outrage, Granada should pull their finger out, and step into the digital age.
AN
Andrew Founding member
HI
You'll change your mind if you see www.tynetees.tv

Also, Who says that a TV company HAS to have a website, after all there is www.itv.co.uk !!!
PE
Pete Founding member
ITV are getting rid of all the mishmash of sites to make way for ITV.com
BB
BBCnewsemployee
From when I used to live in the Border region, the address is www.border-tv.com and it isn't part of GMG (yet)
SZ
Sub Zero
Tyne Tees website is cool! The clock is great!
http://www.tynetees.tv
Thanks Andy!
SE
Hymagumba posted:
ITV are getting rid of all the mishmash of sites to make way for ITV.com

I don't think that is the case, Yorkshire are relaunching their website soon. Why can't the regional companies have a website as well as ITV.com ? If that is the case then why bother with regional identies at all and just have one big ITV ?
AS
Asa Admin
To be honest rather than addresses with .com, .net, .tv yorkshire-tv, yorkshiretv.com etc... etc.. why not just have:

itv.com/yorkshire
itv.com/tttv

At least let it be a redirect if nothing else!

Cheers, Asa
DB
dbfriends Founding member
Living in the Border area, I am embarassed by their main website @ http://www.border-tv.com/ - their other one at co.uk is better even though there's nothing on it!

I know they're a small company, but it doesn't cost that much to get someone in to design a website properly!
SE
I have to agree with you, I was in fits of hysterical laughter at that attempt at a website. It is sooo poor, I hope their TV presentation is better than the website for gods sake !!
:-(
A former member
Would that be the same Border that doesn't have a logo and who's news has been the same for about ten years? Ooh yes, how surprising about the quality of their site. Border seriously needs taking over by Granada or Carlton.
HA
harshy Founding member
Even I could make that website, gees all they have done is used one Photoshop effect, I could easily make something in Flash!
SE
So who does Border belong to ? Is it not a target for Carlton or Granada. Is Border the most unloved and neglected ITV company ? It certainly seems that way, aaah poor Border.

Newer posts