TV Home Forum

Big Brother Interactive

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TE
teleonline Founding member
I haven't got the Big Brother interactive on Sky Digital yet how do I get it?
AS
Asa Admin
No-one has. It's not available yet.

Cheers, Asa
TE
When will it be avalible?
AS
Asa Admin
That's the $64,000 question! No-one knows, least of all E4 apparantly. We'll just have to sit this one out...

Cheers, Asa
TE
Unless you need an interactive card?
DA
Davidjb Founding member
yeah what is that interactive card slot for on digiboxes? oh yeah DTT subscribers have big brother interactive now. is it difficult to get interactive with sky or something?
AS
Asa Admin
Ok, the interactive bit is for a service completely different.

You don't need to do anything to get the interactive feature - it will appear automatically in the same way Sky News Active does.

You do/will not need an interactive card.

ONdigital have an inferior version of BB Interactive. They don't allow split screen or give you the ability to see highlights, unlike Sky. That will be the reason it is taking so long. Obviously BB2 caught the developers on the hop!

Cheers, Asa
CA
cat
According to Sky the BB2 Interactive Service will not be available until late June.
This is due to technical problems.
Also, if you stored the test channel for the interactive service then you can still see it.
Stupidly I removed it after thinking that the service would start when the coverage started, and you cannot get it back as the channel is now 'invisible' to SkyD boxes, unless of course you stored it.
TE
Well I phoned them yesterday and all I got was 'I'm sorry but the Big Brother service is not working at current' or something like that!
IA
Ian
Davidjb posted:
yeah what is that interactive card slot for on digiboxes?

When they designed the Sky Digibox they put everything into it to try to accomadate for whatever the future may have brought. The idea behind the 'interactive' slot was to insert a card, kinda like a credit card, for use on Digital TV. It was a Mondex card (see http://www.mondex.co.uk/ ), but I don't believe that Sky ever really looked into it, relying simply on credit card numbers, such is the apathy of Open.
Dunno if they'll do anything with it - does anyone know if the slot still features on the new box to be released later this year (or perhaps that should go in a new topic!)?

Newer posts