TV Home Forum

CBBC

(April 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MV
Mr Voiceover
Ana and Angelica's on-screen chemistry is brilliant - I sit there transfixed at the screen Wink

http://www.imedia.btinternet.co.uk/resources/cbbc-ana-angel.jpg

Regards
:-(
A former member
So have none of you noticed the new (but not that different) CBBC graphics as so brilliantly demonstrated on that screenshot above? Not brilliant, but a vast improvement.

I've never liked CBBC! When I was a wee nipper (OK then, a couple of years ago but don't hold that against me!) I always watched CITV. Yes, even in the presenterless stage. I remember how the graphics on each day would tie in with the last program that day, ie. on Tuesdays, the graphics would be hospital themed because Children's Ward was on. A nice touch if you ask me! Still not as good as Tommy Boyd, however. He must have once got told off whilst presenting, because he was doing a voiceover at the end of the program where the witch, whom the program was about, would talk over the credits. He decided to contribute by shouting 'Shut Up!' at her, but when it cut to him after this, he said in a slightly wimpy voice 'Erm, of course, you should never say that to anybody'. Pure comedy!
JA
jae
My favourite CBBC presenter was Steve Wilson!
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
CITV with Tommy Boyd was great, listening to Tommy on the radio now makes me wonder why he ever agreed to do that gig. Do you remember before Tommy they had that dog, called Scally (or something like that) I think. He was cool. In my opinion the presenter less period of CITV was a big mistake, but has been rectified now.
SP
Spiring
sat101 posted:
CBBC will be getting a new look later this year which will also mean a change to widescreen as well. This was supposed to happen in the spring, but with BBC One in the middle of an identity crisis, this has not happened.
It'll happen when BBC1 changes it's idents.
MV
Mr Voiceover
sat101 posted:

When will that be then?
SP
Spiring
Mr Voiceover posted:
sat101 posted:

When will that be then?
Autumn, probably.

Newer posts