TV Home Forum

ITV Hearts

(March 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VI
Viakenny
Since 1999 [itv] 'hearts' are on the air. But... they never change! They're only good 4 use in America! What do u think?
SP
Spiring
Viakenny posted:
Since 1999 [itv] 'hearts' are on the air. But... they never change! They're only good 4 use in America! What do u think?
Get a life! They end up the same, but the logos are formed in different ways, there's lines, and all the live action scenes forming hearts, there's a dozen at least! At least they didn't squeeze the logos into a heart, like they did with the triangle of 1989!
JL
jay loves sky
i hate those bloody hearts!!!!
i hate bloody Carlton!!!!!
I WANT CENTRAL BACK!!!!
BD
BjD
jay loves sky posted:
I WANT CENTRAL BACK!!!!

After bring back crossroads, bring back Central. unconvincing, however a good idea Smile
VI
Viakenny
jay loves sky posted:
I WANT CENTRAL BACK!!!!

If ya want Central back, bring Westcountry back too! But HTV is still HTV after beign acquired by Carlton!
Station groups: Granada: Granada, Yorkshire, TTTV, Border, Meridian, Anglia, LWT. - Carlton: Carlton (London, Central, Westcountry), HTV (Wales/West). - SMG: Scottish/Grampian TV. - UTV and Channel: no other stations owned.
MD
mdta
I say they should just get rid of the regional station names and have an ident involving the station symbol (ie. Carlton's Star, or meridian's sun.) and just splash a itv logo on it, so all regions will be called itv.

It makes sense in the new itv multi channel world:
ITV ITV2 CITV ITV SPORT? etc.
BD
BjD
It brings no money in though, 'cus they can't have a big auction and sell off little bits of the network. We're talking about ITV here... shoud be £££ instead... everything revolves around money... for example the Central News @ 6 studio - if you havent seen it, it's well worth going to the midlands just to have a look! The presenter controls the autocue, and everything else looks like its been got straight out of B&Q. Including the coffee table... i mean desk... sorry...
VI
Viakenny
If theres only an ITV name for all stations, the network should buy all stations, and stations should have names like ITV London, ITV Midlands, ITV South West, ITV Wales... It'd be much like the BBC!
:-(
A former member
Viakenny posted:
jay loves sky posted:
I WANT CENTRAL BACK!!!!

If ya want Central back, bring Westcountry back too! But HTV is still HTV after beign acquired by Carlton!  
Station groups: Granada: Granada, Yorkshire, TTTV, Border, Meridian, Anglia, LWT. - Carlton: Carlton (London, Central, Westcountry), HTV (Wales/West). - SMG: Scottish/Grampian TV. - UTV and Channel: no other stations owned.
Sorry to be picky, but I don't think Granada owns Border.
> Phil

(Edited by Big Phil at 8:56 pm on Mar. 25, 2001)
MI
Mich Founding member
Grandada owns part of Border or bought or sold something to or from the owner and so have an option to buy out Border, they also run parts of it and I believe sell advertising for them, its good as Granada owned, but I do salute you for being picky.
SP
Spiring
Why has anyone got email addresses in their sigs? It's in your profile anyway! LOL Confused
MB
MarcB
The carlton stars don't seem as bad as the hearts.

Newer posts