TV Home Forum

News24 Presenters

(March 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VI
Visitor
Martin:
Who is your favourite presenter on BBC News / BBC News 24 and why do you like them?

My favourite news presenter on BBC News24 would be Bill Turnbill when he presents in the afternoon as he is always so funny and jokes alot when introducing weather,sport or business

The worst I think is Chris Lowe and Gwenan Edwards. I have nothing against then personally its just they always seem so boring and drab when on every Saturday and Sunday evening , I think they should be moved to a more suitable time where they would fit in more

On BBC News 24 I think the best weather presenter would have to be Carol Kirkwood as she is always so bright and cheerfull no matter what the weather is like!

Please tell me what you think
VI
Visitor
TV Mad:
JANE HILL IS THE BEST. She is usually on between 16.00-19.00 weekdays. she always looks her best and can deliver the news in a younger generations view. i agree about chris lowe and gwenen edwards. there is nothing wrong with them personally but they can drab on. you can say what they are gouing to say before they say it. e.g. chris lowe always says 'hello, goodevening' you could put money on it.
VI
Visitor
Rob:
My favourite News 24 Presenter is Philip Hayton. He is very formal and is excellent at his job. I also like Peter Coe and Maxine Mawhinney. The worst presenters, in my opinion, would have to be Matthew Amroliwala and Jane Hill. I never watch News 24 between 4 and 6! Have you ever notcied how Jane nods her head a lot?!) I wish Philip Hayton was on more - he does BBC World every night from 2000-2400. Have you seen Clarence Mitchell (on News 24 overnight)? He has a very strange haircut!! I actually like Chris Lowe! He always starts his bulletins with 'This is BBC News 24, Hello Good Evening, I'm Chris Lowe'
Carol Kirkwood has a great smile doesn't she?

My favourite BBC News Presenter is Sian Williams as I think she is great. I wrote to her and she wrote back!! She actually comes from my area. I also like Anna Ford and Moira Stuart, but Anna's disappeared at the moment!
VI
Visitor
RP:
Gavin Esler and Carrie Gracie do a great job of presenting News 24. Bill Turnbull and Valerie Sanderson also do well.

Peter Dobbie and Peter Coe who take over from 11:00pm onwards on weeknights are alright. Ben Geoghegan who does the morning shifts with Joanna Gosling always looks as if he's not enjoying his job - but he does do well @ presenting!

Chris Eakyn is also great. Instead of saying 'Good Evening', it always comes out as 'Aah, Good Evening.'
VI
Visitor
Stewonder:
It has to be said that Joanna Gosling is the most enchanting watchable woman on News24. The eyes, oh 'come to bed with me eyes'. and her cute smile.

Sophie & Jessa on Breakfast are two of the most slick news presenters. When Anne Robinson was on Room 101, she asked if they were still 'doing' it then laughed. Could this be a bit of gossip from inside TV Centre? or an inocent remark?
VI
Visitor
Martin:
'Stewonder' (person above)
Are you a vampire?!
You are on the internet at strange times (04:27:30 ! ),
I gues you are up at that time to watch BBC News 24 before that awefull breakfast programme comes on at 6!
VI
Visitor
Stewonder:
No I'm a good Catholic Boy (can vampires be catholic? if yes, I'm not one). I could not sleep/woke up really early, but it was worth because Sophie Raworth was on bright and early to cheer me up.
If Soph and Jo could do a show all by themselves, it would be TV News Heaven. Come to think, a private show, by themselves, maybe involving me, would be ooooooh fantastic.

And Martin, please don't insult great programming. I bet your a Sky News Fan, and I'm sorry but that bint Viv is just too much to take. Frightful.
VI
Visitor
Martin:
SKY NEWS! NEVER

Mr.Stewonder...

I never watch Sky News except when in hotels that dont have BBC News 24

BBC News 24 or BBC World beats Breakfast on BBC One any day!
VI
Visitor
James Brookes:
My favourite BBC News 24 is Lucy Hockings. I also like Gwenan Edwards- she used to present Newsroom SE!

My favourite BBC News presenter has got to be Sian Williams. I also like Sarah Montague and Julie Etchingham.
VI
Visitor
Ben:
GET REAL EVERYBODY - Chris Eakyn is OBVIOUSLY the BEST News 24 presenter! I mean, come on! Where else do you get an accent like that? And who else, when faced with some incompetent twit who says 'Good evening and welcome to BBC News 25', would say 'Cor, an extra hour! Blyme!'?????

Does anyone know if he's related to Clive Eakyn of the BBC Radio WM/CWR Sport fame?

On the subject of weather, does anyone else think Sarah Wilmshurst talks down to you as she reads the weather?

Smile
ST
Stewonder
Visitor posted:
Martin:
SKY NEWS! NEVER

Mr.Stewonder...

I never watch Sky News except when in hotels that dont have BBC News 24

BBC News 24 or BBC World beats Breakfast on BBC One any day!

I'm glad to see that you have taste and are discerning in your choice of news programming. Also i wish to apologise for earlier insulting you, with the lowest of low offence (Sky News Enjoyer).

I do beg to differ on your choice of tv during your frosties, but will let the subject drop.

Mr Stewonder
BD
BjD
Visitor posted:
Ben:
GET REAL EVERYBODY - Chris Eakyn is OBVIOUSLY the BEST News 24 presenter! I mean, come on! Where else do you get an accent like that? And who else, when faced with some incompetent twit who says 'Good evening and welcome to BBC News 25', would say 'Cor, an extra hour! Blyme!'?????

Does anyone know if he's related to Clive Eakyn of the BBC Radio WM/CWR Sport fame?

On the subject of weather, does anyone else think Sarah Wilmshurst talks down to you as she reads the weather?

Smile

I'm deeply offended that no-one responded to this... it was meant to be funny. I'm going to go and sit in a corner by myself for a few hours now. Someone say something about it... please....

Newer posts