TV Home Forum

Sky News Relaunch

(July 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mark Founding member
Personally, I don't mind the temporary set - the CSO background has certainly improved a lot since the last time they went to a temp studio. Last time around, I remember that there was lots of dodgy edging around the presenters, you could see bits of green screen between some of the presenters' hair, and you could even see the green screen reflected in the desk!

Still, I'd really love to see the new look - surely it's got to be worth waiting for if it's going to take this long...
TE
teleonline Founding member
maybe the presenters have to reherse because like mentioned ages ago in the forum there is a 'breaking news' desk. but i can't wait until monday 3rd september does anyone know the time as i will be coming back from holiday at 2am that day.
MA
mark Founding member
I wonder if they'll start playing trailers for the relaunch during August, a bit like CNN are doing for the new-look Headline News - 'we're changing everything but the name', and all that! If the new look is amazing and radically different, I expect they'd want to plug it - and it might give us a glimpse into what the new set will look like.
TE
teleonline Founding member
They might do promos but I don't think they will give anything more about the set away until the relaunch

Newer posts