TV Home Forum

ITV Regional Weather Sponsors

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Just out of interest, who sponsors the regional weather on your ITV station, and what are the idents like.

For Yorkshire TV it's Yorkshire Electricity Home Services and you get a close up of a radiator or something equally fascinating. The music is awful, it's not really a tune, just a muffled mess of noise.
SN
Steve Naylor
Tyne Tees is Northern Electric (must be something about electricity and the weather!!)
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Scottish TV used to use Kwik-Fit (do you have that chain darn-sarth?) last time I watched.  It might not be now - I just cant bring myself to watch ITV.

(Edited by Gavin Scott at 11:49 pm on June 26, 2001)
MD
mdta
Calrton London use amarada

not sure about LWT i think its Odeon

Either way we get the national graphix
SE
What is amarada ? Or am I being thick ?
JA
Jamez
HTV

Shocked Shocked Durex Condoms Shocked Shocked

Only joking, but it would be a good idea to get awareness of the high teenage pregnancies in Wales!

Staybrite windows is the actual sponsor
BB
Big Brother Founding member
Grampian TV Weather get's sponsored by the AA and has a little unfolding house that get's blown away on a regular occasion while getting blasted with rain in it's little yellow world.
SE
Gavin Scott posted:
Scottish TV used to use Kwik-Fit (do you have that chain darn-sarth?) last time I watched.  It might not be now - I just cant bring myself to watch ITV.

(Edited by Gavin Scott at 11:49 pm on June 26, 2001)

Yes, you can't get quicker than a kwik-fit fitter apparently....... never been my experience. Razz:
MD
mdta
Here is their homepage

Amerada Homepage
GS
At the risk of going off topic: Amerada is the re-vamped name for British Gas. British Steel were renamed Corus in the same rush to re-brand.
SE
Gavin Scott posted:
At the risk of going off topic: Amerada is the re-vamped name for British Gas.  British Steel were renamed Corus in the same rush to re-brand.

A bit like the Post Office becoming Consignia !!!??!!Confused
GS
Quote:
A bit like the Post Office becoming Consignia !!!??!!Confused

Confused I hadn't even heard that one!

Newer posts