TV Home Forum

News 24 at midnight

(June 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TP
Techy Peep Founding member
errr, where does it say that I am 'important'?

It doesn't... I don't want anyone at work knowing who I am, that is all!
AS
Asa Admin
cheshirec posted:
Either tell us what you do and who you are or don't bother telling people you are 'important' in the first place.
It would be nice if you'd be a little more welcoming to new members. You may be the top poster on here but that doesn't give you the right to be offish with new members.

Asa
CA
cat
Ok, i'm not being offish, it is just really irritating when people come in and hint at the fact that they are linked with a certain company and then don't let anyone know anything else, you could at least tell us what you do.
If you don't want anyone to know then you shouldn't have hinted at the fact that you work for them!

Anyway, welcome to the forum Smile
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I think its Peter Dobbie!

Anyway, I'd like to welcome you to the forum.
DA
Davidjb Founding member
techy peep posted:
errr, where does it say that I am 'important'?

It doesn't... I don't want anyone at work knowing who I am, that is all!

i and most members of the forum understand the reasons for descretion.
CA
cat
Oh come on, he isn't gonna lose his job just because he tells us there wasn't a technical fault on News 24 at midnight Smile
DA
Davidjb Founding member
cheshirec posted:
Oh come on, he isn't gonna lose his job just because he tells us there wasn't a technical fault on News 24 at midnight Smile

probably not but he might tell us something one day that if someone at work new who it was. he could be sacked. (apologies techy peep if you are female i just assume you are male. its difficult to tell in these forums)
TP
Ha ha!  Thanks for that Smile

Actually, I've heard that a couple of people have got into trouble for giving out too much information (technical term for this is Company Confidentiality, which if breached is a sackable offence), hence the fact that I don't want to get into any bad books Smile

Please understand that I want to be part of this forum, but don't want to land myself in it

Cheers

(Edited by techy peep at 9:50 am on June 29, 2001)
MM
Matt Morelli
techy peep posted:
I'm not letting the cat out of the back as to who I am...

I think the phrase is 'cat out of the bag' but hey, nice try. Smile
TP
Matt Morelli posted:
techy peep posted:
I'm not letting the cat out of the back as to who I am...

I think the phrase is 'cat out of the bag' but hey, nice try. Smile

Ha ha, you spotted my deliberate mistake Very Happy I'm knacked, been up all night so think i'm allowed a few tipyng errs Razz:
TP
The company who makes the Continuous News automation systems are taking longer than expected to fix the problem. This is due (I believe) to them working flat out programing for ITN, BBC Regions & Training, and various companies around the world.

Now that's a job to go for if you're a computer programer! Smile

Newer posts