TV Home Forum

BBC Radio jingles

(August 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
cat
Well, they aren't going corporate but he's a nice example (created by me) of how radio 2 would sound, should it decide to use the current batch of BBC News music....

http://rain.prohosting.com/~cheshuk/r2.mp3
J2
j2k
Sounds good Chesh, sounds good....
DY
DaveYorks
Are BBC Local Radio going corporate with their jingles?! Radio Humberside changed theirs at the beginning of March to one which is a variation on that used on the Andy Peebles Late Show and is carried by all the BBC Local Radio stations in the North.
IH
I Hate HTV West
Yes, they are ... but slowly ...

There was a time when a lot of jingle work was done externally, but it's all being done internally with a view to bringing a similarity between stations ...
DB
dbfriends Founding member
Nice! Is that the BBC World Business jingle I hear?
RW
RW
DaveYorks posted:
Are BBC Local Radio going corporate with their jingles?! Radio Humberside changed theirs at the beginning of March to one which is a variation on that used on the Andy Peebles Late Show and is carried by all the BBC Local Radio stations in the North.

I hate that corporate sound that has been infecting BBC Local Radio recently; Southern Counties Radio is one of the few remaining to have been untouched by it and still have its own unique sound.
CA
cat
BTW, that should have read 'Here's a nice example' not he's a nice example!

Yes, it is the BBC World Business sting and I took cuttings from Radio 2 and just mixed them up.

BBC Radio Merseyside has kept the same jingle for at least 10 years! It's fantastic too!
DA
DAS Founding member
Unfortunately, many stations will be going BBC LR corporate soon. The ones already swallowed are BBC Radios Kent, Newcastle, Essex, Devon, Nottingham and I'm sure more...
CA
cat
It would be nice if people could record the jingles at nine?
I'll record the BBC R. Merseyside one and upload it. It isn't often we hear decent quality radio jingles. I know this is a TV forum - but the topic is related.
SN
Steve Naylor
I agree - the BBC Radio Merseyside jingle is brilliant!!
CA
cat
Well I would've captured it if only they hadn't been covering sport!!
SN
Steve Naylor
I shall try and contain my excitement for when I get back!!!

Newer posts