TV Home Forum

Carlton Central Off Air

(July 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
I got through to carltons duty office and the proplem was a main power failure at the studios.
J2
j2k
So.. I just heard about this. Flicked onto ITV (Carlton Central region) and there's a programme on now so I can't see the idents etc until Corrie Sad

But - when I normally press 1, it appears in a black box at the bottom 'BBC ONE', 2 gets 'BBC TWO', 4 gets 'Channel 4 Television', 5 gets 'Channel 5' etc but 3 doesn't show anything. Usually it shows 'CARLTON'.

So... what is Waltham currently transmitting? Carlton Central or LWT?

(When I go to teletext it still says ITV EAST MIDLANDS though)
RO
rob Founding member
I thought the lack Channel id in the box was odd, Isn't telexext transmited from somewhere else though?
RO
rob Founding member
Opps posted twice.....

(Edited by rob at 7:21 pm on July 29, 2001)
KE
kevin
An ITV Sports Channel advert just came into the broadcast for a few secs...

I think Nottingham maybe back...

Kev
KE
kevin
or maybe not! Still generic Continuity announcements
MA
mark Founding member
Oxford is still transmitting the 'itv' service - still no Central!
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Sutton is still broadcasting the generic ITV with LWT programmes. So is Waltham. Its still not back.
DA
DAS Founding member
So, to make it clearer, is it still the case that Central's transmitters have simply switched over to LWT's output? It seems that both regions are broadcasting the generic service - ie LWT have done Central viewers a favour by not confusing them with LWT presentation. (Not too patronising for you, I hope!!)
:-(
A former member
Interesting point, DAS. Now, if one of the non-Carlton regions was to go belly-up and their sustaining feed was from Carlton (whatever region), I wonder how willing Carlton would be to replace their idents with the generic ITV idents? (They may of course have to as part of some agreement.)
AS
Asa Admin
Exciting going-ons!

That ITV ident, is it just the overnight version? I know TV Ark have a 'lines' version which reveals the ITV logo. I was wondering if they'd be tempted to use that?

Cheers, Asa
BB
BBC Choice
They'd better use it at 8 - I don't want to think I'd watched a WHOLE episode of corrie for no reason! Agh! The torture! <no offence intended to any corrie fans!>

Newer posts