TV Home Forum

Weather Presenters

(July 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IH
I Hate HTV West
cheshirec posted:
That just proves you don't like people have a personality.
Corbett was an idiot, educated in America (obviously).
I don't want to know if the rain has gone for a walk in the park, i'm not stupid.

Once again, arguements fall down to personal insults.

Okay, I don't like Francis Wilson, sue me! When I critisised him I didn't critisise you - so leave it that way sunshine.

Just because we don't have the same taste as you doesn't mean you need to lash out like that - very very uncalled for.
GA
Gary Founding member
I think Carol Kirkwood's the best, because she always smiles, no matter what the weather's like and she always says 'Hello again'. I think she should be on BBC 1!!!
JA
jae
I think Alex Deakin is the best - he sent me a really nice email!
MA
Martin Founding member
Gary posted:
I think Carol Kirkwood's the best, because she always smiles, no matter what the weather's like and she always says 'Hello again'.  I think she should be on BBC 1!!!

but then we wouldnt see her every half hour like we do now?
CA
cat
I Hate HTV West posted:
cheshirec posted:
I don't want to know if the rain has gone for a walk in the park, i'm not stupid.

Okay, I don't like Francis Wilson, sue me!  When I critisised him I didn't critisise you - so leave it that way sunshine.

Just because we don't have the same taste as you doesn't mean you need to lash out like that - very very uncalled for.

Please don't cal me sunshine, i'm above your patronising comment thanks very much.

The fact is you critisise EVERYTHING about anything that isn't the BBC.
If the BBC were to suddenly start using the Sky graphics you would be singing their praises saying how bloody great they are.
And not just you, the vast majority of people in this forum just sing the BBC's praises whenever they get the chance and it's just pathetic and silly.
Limiting topics so that only the BBC Brigade can post in them, or vote for that matter, is annoying and does not help anyone at all.

I can perfectly cope with the GMTV graphics, there's nothing wrong with them at all.
IA
Ian
Why has no-one voted for Philip Avery/ He's so funny - remember the incident with him wearing shorts while on air a few weeks ago?
IH
I Hate HTV West
cheshirec posted:
I Hate HTV West posted:
cheshirec posted:

Okay, I don't like Francis Wilson, sue me!  When I critisised him I didn't critisise you - so leave it that way sunshine.

Please don't cal me sunshine, i'm above your patronising comment thanks very much.

The fact is you critisise EVERYTHING about anything that isn't the BBC.
If the BBC were to suddenly start using the Sky graphics you would be singing their praises saying how bloody great they are.
And not just you, the vast majority of people in this forum just sing the BBC's praises whenever they get the chance and it's just pathetic and silly.
Limiting topics so that only the BBC Brigade can post in them, or vote for that matter, is annoying and does not help anyone at all.

I can perfectly cope with the GMTV graphics, there's nothing wrong with them at all.

Oh for Christ's sake 'sunshine' weather thread ... get the joke?? Hello??

and critisise anything that isn't beeb? Did I not say I like Lisa Burke and Sarah Moore?? Are you not listening?? Am I getting through here??

Do you not think priase where praise is due?

Chesh, I'm getting tired of some of your comments quite frankly ... most of the time you post really honest and decent stuff, but you write the most amazing crap sometimes.

I know full well I may not be right 100% of the time. I also accept other people's opinions - but when someone like you basically who cannot accept he's either wrong, or that someone else (oh my God) might ACTUALLY prefer News 24 to bloody Sky News then ... well ... that's your failing.

My failing? Red rag to a bull.

Believe me, if I want to patronise you, or insult you, you'll know when I do it.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Fellow BBC Weather presenter Paul Hudson along with Peter Levy are always saying how dull Darren Bett is,
The forum results seem to agree!

By the way, you've included loads of News 24 newcomers and missed off some of the big BBC ONE names
:-(
A former member
Oooooh, handbags at ten paces!

Well I like Francis Wilson. He is the weather, and his laid back style works fantastically well. It would be better if there was banter with weather presenters on Sky News, however, but maybe they will come into the studio with the relaunch. Hey, they might even use this new video wall we've heard about!
AQ
Aquasetia
I might just get shot doing this....... Very Happy

Best presenter of those named: Carol Kirkwood

Best presenter in America: Christina Abernathy of the Weather Channel

Best presenter in Anglia region: Becky Jago. She is cute!

Finally, whatever happened to Lorna Greene from London Tonight?
SN
Steve Naylor
Yeah, what happened to Laura (i think it was Laura - if it's the same person?!) Greene on the ITV Weather - she was Sarah Greene's sister...
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Francis is fantastic!

I have a book that was written by him, back from an age when he was still working on the BBC!

It contains some good pictures, if only my scanner worked! Sad

Newer posts