TV Home Forum

Why are loads of YTV presenters on Wellbeing?

(July 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SU
SpiringUnhacked
jambo posted:
I also watch it from Belmont (i live in East Yorkshire) I don`t actually think the bullitins come from Hull though but from the main Leeds studio. Shame really
Calendar News and Calendar itself are. Calendar east is Hull, AFAIK, and where do North and West come from?
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Calendar East does not come from Hull. All the regions come from Leeds. They have a studio in Hull, which they use for the occasional interview with John Prescott, but as far as I am aware the rest is from Leeds.
MG
MikeG
So why do YTV have studios in different cities? Sheffield certainly has at least one studio!
AN
Andrew Founding member
Calendar Central and Calendar East both come from Leeds,

Calendar South comes from Sheffield I think.
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Andrew posted:
Calendar Central and Calendar East both come from Leeds,

Calendar South comes from Sheffield I think.
How do you know? MikeG just brought up a valid point! Hull's studio can't just be for show!
SW
SimonW
I can tell you for certain that Calendar East comes from Leeds, because I know people who work at YTV, in that side of things.

Calendar South also comes from Leeds on the technical operation, it's just the presenter that sits in Sheffield.

YTV have district offices around the region, which are used as a base for reporters when they're in the area, they also are connected down the line to Leeds so that video material can be sent quickly to Leeds to be edited.
The studios are also used for down the line interviews.

I believe that YTV provide a service for viewers of Kingston Communications, and that *is* produced in Hull. But the main Calendar East service is from Leeds.
SU
SpiringUnhacked
SimonW posted:
I believe that YTV provide a service for viewers of Kingston Communications, and that *is* produced in Hull.
They do. Actually it's a service owned by KC, called Kingston Interactive Television (KIT) For info see http://www.kit.tv or http://www.kitv.co.uk
DY
DaveYorks
It is - Calendar News Extra - apparently it's an award-winning service, although I've seen it and I think it's pretty naff! What I don't understand is if they can have CNE produced in Hull, then why not Calendar East, too?! Maybe they'll change things when their ratings go down after Look North launches its Calendar East equivalent, presented from Hull (controlled by Leeds gallery) and presented by the well-known Clare Frisby - as opposed to Calendar East's unknown presenters!
AN
Andrew Founding member
DaveYorks posted:
It is - Calendar News Extra - apparently it's an award-winning service, although I've seen it and I think it's pretty naff!  What I don't understand is if they can have CNE produced in Hull, then why not Calendar East, too?! Maybe they'll change things when their ratings go down after Look North launches its Calendar East equivalent, presented from Hull (controlled by Leeds gallery) and presented by the well-known Clare Frisby - as opposed to Calendar East's unknown presenters!

I doubt anybody really knows or cares if Calendar East is made in Hull, all they need to do is stick a picture of the Humber bridge in the background and mention Hull a lot.

Also I don't think the likes of Nichola Crompton or Raj Shukla are that unknown really.
AL
alekf
A little off topic now, but what type of channel is Wellbeing?
HA
harshy Founding member
Andrew posted:
DaveYorks posted:
It is - Calendar News Extra - apparently it's an award-winning service, although I've seen it and I think it's pretty naff!  What I don't understand is if they can have CNE produced in Hull, then why not Calendar East, too?! Maybe they'll change things when their ratings go down after Look North launches its Calendar East equivalent, presented from Hull (controlled by Leeds gallery) and presented by the well-known Clare Frisby - as opposed to Calendar East's unknown presenters!

I doubt anybody really knows or cares if Calendar East is made in Hull, all they need to do is stick a picture of the Humber bridge in the background and mention Hull a lot.

Also I don't think the likes of Nichola Crompton or Raj Shukla are that unknown really.

I've seen Calendar south and Calendar central, and they seem to be roughly covering the same stories, but in different order believe it or not!
AN
Andrew Founding member
alekf posted:
A little off topic now, but what type of channel is Wellbeing?

General health, medical, fitness etc - all things that make help your wellbeing!

Also its all live in a studio and english

Rather than other satelite channels which is full of american programming and general rubbish

Newer posts